BNSF Butte Subdivision - Alliance NE to Edgemont SD [TBS Version]

This looks interesting! I think this may be the first SD map trainz has ever had. If it is payware in the end, i'll definetly be buying it! :udrool::mop:

I was really looking forward to this one but I guess you're saying that it won't be released anytime soon or at all?

Ahhh i'm completely unsure at this time what to do with it. I'm taking a break/left from trainz and TBS since January as i said and am busy driving real ones every day. I won't push myself to do stuff i don't want to in my free time anymore, so it's on hold. Maybe for a month, maybe for half a year or even until the next Trainz Version. I have no idea, it depends on what i find to be fun on my days off. And that isn't trainz at this point. SP1 + SP2 made the draw distance of terrain/LOD so bad, my version of Nebraska looks like sh!t. I'm not putting up with this anymore, just to get weeks of hard work ruined by poor developer decisions. I'm sick of this

Last edited:
Hi flusi737,

Thank you for the update and sorry if my message came across pushy or anything. Trainz is definitely a hobby that you can't push and has to be fun. Hopefully you will enjoy it again soon and then work out what to do with the route. Again, not to sound pushy, but a lot of us have enjoyed your screenshots and would love to have it on our PC's one day.

Take care.

Kind regards,

Craig

I always heard you should serve no wine before it's time, and yours looks like a superior vintage! Take some time and enjoy the time off with real trains (I'm jealous!) :Y:

Ahhh i'm completely unsure at this time what to do with it. I'm taking a break/left from trainz and TBS since January as i said and am busy driving real ones every day. I won't push myself to do stuff i don't want to in my free time anymore, so it's on hold. Maybe for a month, maybe for half a year or even until the next Trainz Version. I have no idea, it depends on what i find to be fun on my days off. And that isn't trainz at this point. SP1 + SP2 made the draw distance of terrain/LOD so bad, my version of Nebraska looks like sh!t. I'm not putting up with this anymore, just to get weeks of hard work ruined by poor developer decisions. I'm sick of this

Sometimes Trainz behaves like sh*t. Hope you have a plentiful rest.

Last edited:
Hi, still stuck at half a mile of scenery (on little industrial Area and a town) and the decision on what version (SP or not) i should run it, as each isnt working as it should. I uninstalled Trainz in January and havent done anything since then

Okay, done i guess...both Areas finished, 100% on the Project. Beta Stage for Version V1.00

bandicam-2021-04-18-02-08-41-746.png

2021-04-18-015349.jpg

2021-04-18-015409.jpg

2021-04-18-020658.jpg

Great too see ya didn't give up on it Felix, Amazing screenies you've shared from the start on this one mate well done.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

@ flusi737:

Wow, what a route!!! I am very impressed! You must have worked for years on it ... ?

I sent you a private message as well.

Your's TUME

A huge "thank you all" guys! :D 2,5 years Tume, but beeing honest, just a few months of actual work. The rest was "can't bear Trainz right now" timeouts :hehe:

A few people are testing the current version right now, which leaves two things for me to do:

- a.) Consider a 70-80s Version, got asked about this a lot lately
- b.) Continue with Stage II, Alliance - Northport. The northern part of the Angora Subdivision

Should extend the route into the powder river basin so it’s a big mega route with lots of coal trains coming and going but just a thought good work though trainz has put me on a long pause myself with route building and other projects I have on hold lol

Should extend the route into the powder river basin so it’s a big mega route with lots of coal trains coming and going but just a thought good work though trainz has put me on a long pause myself with route building and other projects I have on hold lol

Well, you already have Deans Orin Sub for that, don't you? Also, with that 35 mile extension, every Coal train coming from the Powder River, North or South has to pass through what i recreated. On the Angora even with some loaded trains passing each other in each direction (Northern Orin - Butte - Alliance - Northport - Kansas, Southern Orin - Valley - Northport - Alliance - Chicago). And that with two Helper districts, something the Powder River itself also doesnt have. So yeah, i think i'll stick to what i have planned, knowing the operations there :hehe:

Back