BNSF Butte Subdivision - Alliance NE to Edgemont SD [TBS Version]

Amazing work mate! That timber bridge in your last lot of photos, is that really timber in real life? Must be built strong if so

:)

Pine Ridge Escarpment, eastern Side Belmont - Marsland started

2020-10-20_055107.jpg

2020-10-20_054804.jpg

Evening Sir,

Really like the way you have your Farm and Plains areas developed..........

Texture Colors, Hill size and distance relationships look terrific. (I just did a trip through Colorado, Utah, Nevada Etc and you have captured the look and feel of wide open areas) :p

Track work looks spot on, and has a nice natural symmetric flow to it........:cool:

Just watched your Video as I am writing to you, it indeed shows the breadth and size of your Route perfectly..........;)

Well done, and don't forget get to take some breaks along the way, your Route is a winner.........:wave:

Evening Sir,

Really like the way you have your Farm and Plains areas developed..........

Texture Colors, Hill size and distance relationships look terrific. (I just did a trip through Colorado, Utah, Nevada Etc and you have captured the look and feel of wide open areas) :p

Track work looks spot on, and has a nice natural symmetric flow to it........:cool:

Just watched your Video as I am writing to you, it indeed shows the breadth and size of your Route perfectly..........;)

Well done, and don't forget get to take some breaks along the way, your Route is a winner.........:wave:

Thanks Blue! Its developed as is in reality, the curves and track layout too. So have to thank the BNSF for that :hehe:

Progress Update

Not too much happened, since my Company again has fun to put me in hotels all over the place for work - a problem that will be solved in a few weeks one way or the other though (!!)

I decided to include a part of the Angora Subdivision as well, up to 38 miles to the south, and the first 5 miles of the Valley Subdivision. This gives me several new possibilities:

- It adds a second Helper District over Angora Hill
- It includes the interchange at Northport NE with the UP Railroad
- This part of the line is known for its loaded coal train meets. Trains leaving the Orin Sub to the north, often travel via Black Hills and Butte down to Alliance. From there, they can either go towards Chicago, or south on the Angora towards Denver. On the other hand, trains departing Orin to the south will travel via the Valley sub to Northport, where they'll either also go to Denver, OR up towards Alliance and on to the Sand Hills Sub. So it happens quite often, that Southern loaded PRB Trains to Chicago, and Northern loaded PRB Trains towards Denver/Kansas meet on this 35 miles stretch.

GREEN Parts are areas that are 100% finished, including Scenery, Signals, Tracks and all that

FA.jpg

New Added DEM of the northern ANgora Subdivision

bandicam-2020-10-23-01-26-33-044.jpg

Keep up the great work when you can! After getting Transdem a while back I was looking at somewhere to model and was really looking at Brush Junction. This was until I got sucked back into the Orin Sub where I can now do the entire Campbell Sub along with other missing missing coal load outs, along with going further east and south. Can't wait to see next update!
Dean

Campbell and its Mines would be a great addition to the Orin! Good luck, one day we'll have the entire Powder River Division :D

Trying my best: 4 new miles, down to Marsland MP 400

2020-10-25-152105.jpg

2020-10-25-200428.jpg

2020-10-26-001955.jpg

2020-10-26-004012.jpg

2020-10-26-004331.jpg

Thanks a lot :) beeing that open it's pretty much the most important part of the project

4 new miles today, MP 445:

2020-12-09_033248.jpg

Back