3 Issues

llebrez

1) Trigger check. When you set trigger check, you define the trigger to use and the loco or consist that will trigger it. Then you crate a child rule, in this case a "driver schedule Rule", and here you define what is to happen to that consist, in this case another schedule. Up in the upper right corner you set the name of that particular loco. You close everything saving properly, run the sequence and it does not do what you set. Look again at the child rule and the name of the loco is now "undefined". No matter how many times you set it it always comes back undefined. How come? I have set this the same in TANE many times and there it works. For 19 there must be another way to set it?
2) At some point you manage to set the environment, you set the year and month. save it. next time you go back to environment, it goes to a default month, not to what you set. Interesting is that if on the session you change the month to let's say October, the trees that have the feature, turn red for the Fall leaves orange/red color, so the nice feature works, but it does not save.
3) Go CM. After many hours repairing, reverting, using PVEsoft, submitting, trashing and all, you finally get things almost as they should be, or they were in TANE. But there are some assets that still show the red cube/lines of missing asset. Investigate using TANE as reference of what it is, and you find that the asset does not show any error. But it can't be seen on the route.
Bonus: You have a station with one type of track. After importing the route with all the assets and things, the track at the station is there.. but some sections show the 2 white lines! and after checking and comparing at TANE meticulously, the track is exactly the same, so there is no way I made a mistake. Solution is to delete the white lines (yes they can be deleted) and lay new exact same track on the same place. Happens here and there but not on a pattern. Never seen this before..

Comments on all of the above will be appreciated. Thanks

I am hoping all these errors are based upon misunderstandings of how things work (as I don't see any of the issues here).

Include information on which layer you are editing, which build, which KUIDs for each rule (versions can make a big difference).
Environment settings are a special case where you set the route, but then you can override those settings in each session you create. If you are changing the settings in a session, then editing the route, the route settings will show. If you edit the session, the session settings will show.
I have never edited a single asset using PVEsoft. Built-in content cannot be imported from TANE to TRS19, you must import the content with the in-game downloader.

Point by point responses:

Likely I have misunderstandings on how to do things. But since I did not see a well detailed literature on it, I have to go by what we have learnt from TANE and prior iterations, this is, by experience, forums and common sense.

I keep it simple: One route and one session. No extra layers. When this works as well as in TANE, I may make other sessions, but no layers (call me old school). Then, I did not try to change environment at route layer. I did it at session. And these settings does not seem to be stored because when I open that session again they are back to default. No, I did not edit the route other than adding or deleting a tree. I am sure I am not doing it right, so how? However, in TANE it stays after savings.

Following on my knowledge, i edit routes for stationary assets. Sessions for trains boats and planes plus commands and rules, hoping to keep it simple.

Editing assets on PVEsoft is tedious, but I have the hang on it, and can do it relatively fast. Texture problems get corrected and every time I do it I get amazed. Maybe one day I'll do a video. I have also mastered the technic of changing cabs heights via config files, rather than using some complex 3rd party programs.

To clarify, when I moved my TANE route and session, I moved only the modified or and installed from DLS, the built-in content I got it (hopefully updated) from DLS. Still, the settings from TANE did not import, and I have to reconstruct all that, this is why I have to mess with schedule library and triggers. I imported following N3V instructions line by line.

The Trigger check rule is -25:1296, Driver schedule is -3:10186 and schedule library (works per specs): 2:192081:12:5 Now, in CM there are 2 Driver schedules, one Auran's and the other from a Russian (for the lettering), but i have no way to know which one is being used because it does not show the KUID when you add it to the menus. Maybe I have to delete one and see what happens with the other.

Finally I have another bonus on all this: I run a train and notice a bunch of cars waiting to cross a rail crossing. The moment the train passes, barriers open and cars flow. Naturally I blamed this on the type of barrier used, but I discover that it would happen on any one including a built-in Xing 1 US. Effect is also happening on surveyor, where the natural flow of traffic accumulates in front of any rail crossing (I never seen this before) and because there are no trains running, things get a little overcrowded with time.

Thank you for your considerations: Llebrez

This is an addemdum to #4. Digging on the Driver schedule rule: There are two on DLS. One is -3:10186, and it is Drive Schedule, the second is Driver Schedule Rule. Notice that "drive" is not the same as "driver". The first one is by Auran the second by Transiberiano. The first is built-in on TANE but not on 19. Because it does show on the menu as default, I am sure i am using the one with Drivers, by Transiberiano.

Back