database repair issue

While working on some of my projects tonight I tried to submit one but the whole game crashed. Not the first round of this I've been through but this time its very strange. the database repair stops in its tracks and the game closes? A new one will have to start every time you want to start the game our go to the cm so I'm stuck without being able to do anything in the game.
Any help or incite would be helpful.

thank you for your time,
The Brougham Gamer

Last edited:
I'm not sure how this might help but the problem happened after editing a smoke container in Neal's b282 shay locomotive. I had just finished adding in the advanced smoke options but I had a 6 part start in the speed container smoke and had to make 6 diffent ones to each drag, spring, and dampening to get the smoke looking right between them. Something must have botched in the submission of that (maybe to many things for it to calculate and became corrupt?) Either way this sucks and I have no idea what to do

Have you done an extended database repair? CTRL+click database repair. Do that from the launcher.

Good luck,

:B~)

Well I did the extended database repair however it to crashed during the faulty asset phase. What do I do now?

Open the folder where your data is located. Mine is E:\TRS2019_DATA; yours maybe in C:\users\...\App Data\Local\N3V Games. The actual folder will be prefixed with build. Look for the one with the latest dates in it to ensure it's the right one if you have more than one folder.

Open the build folder.
Open up cache.

Empty the following folders:

Internet and Libraries.

Try the DBR again.

Open the folder where your data is located. Mine is E:\TRS2019_DATA; yours maybe in C:\users\...\App Data\Local\N3V Games. The actual folder will be prefixed with build. Look for the one with the latest dates in it to ensure it's the right one if you have more than one folder.

Open the build folder.
Open up cache.

Empty the following folders:

Internet and Libraries.

Try the DBR again.

That worked like a charm! Thanks for the help!

I'm glad this fixed your problem. The cache flush only occurs if an EDR is done, and sometimes this isn't successful. This issue isn't just a T:ANE and TRS2019 issue and goes back since TRS2006 when the database first started.

Out of habit, I now clear those folders before I run a DBR. It saves me the wasted time and annoyance of having to start the process over.

I'm having a similar problem. I think a cdp from a foreign site corrupted my game. It would start a database repair when I would launch the launch screen then quit before finishing the repair. But it was also quitting at random when I would be in a route in surveyor. I tried moving the files out from the data folder, starting the launcher again then I imported the files back but now I'm getting all sorts of missing dependencies and stuff. My own content is gone. Why am I getting unsupported file type when reimporting data? How do I get my own data back like routes I created, trains and objects by others that I edited, etc.? I'm about ready to quit Trainz, months of work down the drain.

Last edited:
Back