Is there a way to change the main menu music in Trainz 2019?

janathan

Hello. I record some of the things I do on this game for my YouTube channel and recently, I received a copyright claim on the main menu music called "Nostalgic Walk" by Tim Brown, so I was wondering if there was a way to replace the main menu music with my own background sounds that I've recorded. i.e. with a different .wav file or something. Is there a way to do this?

Ditto!

Glad you brought that up as I've been running on mute lately to try and avoid it.

This only started a few weeks ago but it's gone through my entire history on YouTube with Trainz.

Thanks

Sean

Another (better) option is to mute the music and main menu sounds altogether by heading to the Trainz Settings menu in the game; Choose 'Settings...' 'Sound Settings...' and then unclick "Play sounds in menus".

With regard to @Janathan,there are video editors that will allow you to edit the sound track. Some of them are free.

I turn off menu sounds and reduce the game audio to 80% to avoid audio constantly peaking in edited videos. I use Window Game Recorder to record video and Power Director to edit. I also use stock music from the video editor, although there are many sites which offer free background tracks.
If you are not recording, you could run a music channel or app in the background.
cheers
Graeme

Wow, and I haven't even received one on my channel and I played the music for 90 seconds at times while I'm deciding on what to load..
Thanks for the heads up OP.

Cheers

Yeah I'll use the checkbox, doesn't need music anyways. I do live streams. Let whoever it is make their own money off of someone else's content :)

Thanks

Sean

Hi All
Thank you for letting us know. We do not directly support changing the menu music, however in this case we would suggest simply muting the menu sounds using the steps PC_Ace has mentioned. This will prevent the menu music from playing in Trainz.

I have, however, passed this on to our team to look into. I've also asked them to look into possibly including a note in our newsletter so that other video makers can mute the menu music if they need to.

Regards

It's probably only hitting certain channels that might rank higher perhaps? I also do live streams but I'm not sure that has anything to do with or the either.

I'll mute the sound.

Thanks

Sean

Well I've found this thread interesting as I never knew there was any music! I've gone into settings as per PC_Ace mentions and discovered the volume is set to full. I had to turn my speaker volume up to 50% before I finally heard it! Who knew lol.

Back