What Is Version 109913?

boleyd

What is the objective(s) of this update. Should we wait until the more skilled N3V customers hav had a chance to inspect it?

What is the objective(s) of this update. Should we wait until the more skilled N3V customers hav had a chance to inspect it?

Testing, testing, and more testing.

I just updated my testing version and it updated error free. As always, use a test version and not your "production" version of your data and program.

This is one of the "confusion points". I never opted for a Beta Test status. All I did was buy Trainz PLUS. So, did I receive a BETA version with the implied obligation to test and report? So far I do not see any changes or issues. BUT, I thought that in this industry it was the obligation of the vendor to describe changes and objective elements to look at when they released a BETA update. Since that did not happen I assume this is not a BETA update but a PLUS production update???

Last edited:
This is one of the "confusion points". I never opted for a Beta Test status. All I did was buy Trainz PLUS. So, did I receive a BETA version with the implied obligation to tests and report? So far I do not see any changes or issues. BUT, I thought that in this industry it was the obligation of the vendor to describe changes and objective elements to look at when they released a BETA update. Since that did not happen I assume this is not a BETA update but a PLUS production update???

It's a Beta as it's on the Plus BETA stream, kind of obvious..... See the announcement post https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?160847-Trainz-Plus-update-to-109313-109307

You have the option to not update to the latest beta. The last production release was SP2 (109037) all other updates are beta ones.

From the Launcher:
Trainz Settings
> Install
> Change Update Stream
> Dialog box now shows your game app install (this is the app, not the user data folder)
> NEXT button (Account info is shown)
> NEXT button
> Change Stream
> Use dropdown menu to select the stream you desire

Though I don't know the effect of going backwards to "normal" Platinum stream since you have an updated beta app installed currently. I would imagine it would "stay" on your current version. Perhaps others can confirm. You could save your user data folder, reinstall Platinum and point it to your current user data.

My membership is for Plus not Plus Beta as follows:

TRAINZ PLUS MEMBERSHIP - YEARLY

RENEWAL: Wednesday 25th of August 2021 11:54:21 AM / USD$69.49
PAYMENT TYPE: PayPal

Membership Includes:

Content Vault: Requires Gold or Silver Class
Trainz Store Discount: Requires Gold or Silver Class
First Class Ticket: Active
Preview Pass: Requires Gold Class
Trainz A New Era: Active
Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019: Active
Trainz Plus: Active

The Title Membership Includes is completely non-nonsensical.
The items under the title are both included and non-included.
Regardless of a strange construct no Beta is mentioned.
I really do not give _ ____ but the marketing of this product
is odd at best.

I opened Trainz ?? this morning. It said there was an update. The word Beta was not present.
So, I updated. It seems to work but, as usual, N3V FAILS to list what the updates entails!

Regardless, the product itself seems to survive well despite ill-manged events.
I am fully addicted and probably should be under therapy.

TRAINZ
PLUS
$69.49/year
First Class Ticket
Latest Trainz Releases
Trainz PLUS Updates <<------------
New Content

In your my trainz membership select change membership and in the chart hover mouse over Trainz Plus Updates. This is part of your membership.

Last edited:
Ok, I am really a proud Beta tester. I accepted the instruction to use the Beta stream.
A childish move. I was too anxious to get started. It seemed to be the only option
at the time. That will also be my excuse the next time I jump a red traffic light.

Thanks for your patience with me.

Oh, what does this update do?

Oh, what does this update do?

There is a new update for Trainz Plus users that fixes a couple of crash bugs and a few other minor updates for issues reported during the previous beta.

Builds are:
Trainz Plus Beta 109170 to 109313 (PC)
Trainz Plus Beta 109162 to 109307 (Mac)

So this update "fixes a couple of crash bugs and a few other minor updates for issues reported during the previous beta."

AI trains doesn't have their headlights on anymore unlike the previous versions did..
>>
They are working here - see your other post requesting more info.

>>
You can either choose to change to the Beta stream or not - it's up to you.

I never opted for a Beta Test status.
>>
If you have the update installed, then you changed the update stream to Beta. It is very close to the final version so I wouldn't be concerned. It may actually become our release version (we're investigating current reports and will determine that shortly).

Back