TRS2019 and Industries

big_b

Working on a route in the latest build and all Industries I have tried to use for Re Fueling Depot come up with Script Errors
Is this because Industries are now not compatible with the latest builds ?

Which build?

If it's the beta build, report it. It's the only way stuff gets caught.

There's a new build today up to 109313 which addresses the reported bugs.

So these new versions they are just beta I take it, or special ones that pop up for those who pay a ticket etc. Does the standard game update on it's own to new builds eventually? Is there a way to stop it if Will Robinson yells danger?

Thanks

Sean

Actually I see talk about betas now in that other thread on a version number. So I assume any update isn't going to kill anything on my system :)

Last edited:
So these new versions they are just beta I take it, or special ones that pop up for those who pay a ticket etc. Does the standard game update on it's own to new builds eventually? Is there a way to stop it if Will Robinson yells danger?

Thanks

Sean

Actually I see talk about betas now in that other thread on a version number. So I assume any update isn't going to kill anything on my system :)

Yup just beta versions. This kind of thing is expected in a testing environment and this is why we test, test, and test some more. If you are a Plus member, you can try if you like, but before you do make a backup of everything just in case things go FUD.

Working on a route in the latest build and all Industries I have tried to use for Re Fueling Depot come up with Script Errors
Is this because Industries are now not compatible with the latest builds ?

QA have checked several fuel depots and seen no script errors.

Please provide more information so we can investigate further.
1. KUID for the fuel depot
2. Copy and paste the script error you are seeing
3. Describe what steps you are trying to achieve, what is expected to happen and what is actually happening.
4. Include your current build number and the build number where this operation was working correctly.

No I'm not, that's OK I'm happy with the stable anyways.

I've been on beta teams before, even signed some NDA's that are still apparently in place :)

Thanks

Sean

I get this error with every industry as soon a I click on them
The point is that we don't therefore as I said, please provide more information so we can investigate further.
1. KUID for the fuel depot
2. Copy and paste the script error you are seeing (click on the red script error icon in the bottom right)
3. Describe what steps you are trying to achieve, what is expected to happen and what is actually happening.
4. Include your current build number and the build number where this operation was working correctly.

Also, I would add:
5. Does it happen in a test map? (i.e. create route and place the item)
6. Do you have compatibility mode set to Max compatibility or Mac performance?
7. Are the assets showing as Modified in CM (if so, revert to original)
8. If you create a fresh local data folder, does it still happen? If not, then something is amiss in your database (old library or possibly even a new library installed that is affecting things).

It's every interactive industry I have installed regardless of type
Get error as soon as I click on them assets show downloaded from DLS
mode set to Max compatibility
I tried a new data folder and downloaded Station Charlbury --- error free when clicking on it

Here's 2 in main data folder being used

<kuid:1942:28129> Station Charlbury

- <NULL> : File passengerstationinfo.gs, Line 194, ER_NullReference
; <NULL> : Script class: PassengerStationInfo
; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0xa77a4220; class:GSClass{0xae273b48: PassengerStationInfo}, refcount:4}
; <NULL> : Script callstack
; <NULL> : function $string@PassengerStationInfo::GetStationTypeName(), line 186
; <NULL> : function $string@PassengerStationInfo::GetDescriptionHTML(), line 410
; <NULL> : function $string@HTMLPropertyGroup::GetDescriptionHTML(), line 1113
; <NULL> : function $string@PropertyObject::GetDescriptionHTML(), line 524
; <NULL> : function $void@PropertyObject::propertyBrowserRefresh(Browser), line 645
; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0xa77a4220; class:GSClass{0xae273b48: PassengerStationInfo}, refcount:4}
; <NULL> : function $string@PassengerStationInfo::GetStationTypeName(), line 186
; <NULL> : function $string@PassengerStationInfo::GetDescriptionHTML(), line 410
; <NULL> : function $void@PropertyObject::propertyBrowserRefresh(Browser), line 645

<kuid2:86311:45050:1> Coal drop off Basic

- <NULL> : File baseindustryinfo.gs, Line 76, ER_NullReference
; <NULL> : Script class: BaseIndustryInfo
; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0xe3b428e0; class:GSClass{0x31845238: BaseIndustryInfo}, refcount:2}
; <NULL> : function $string@BaseIndustryInfo::GetDescriptionHTML(), line 54
; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0xe3b428e0; class:GSClass{0x31845238: BaseIndustryInfo}, refcount:2}

Thanks for the extra info - what build number are you on (it shows on the launcher window)?

So we have:
- I tried a new data folder and downloaded Station Charlbury --- error free when clicking on it
- script error in the you "main" data folder

So that means some asset in your database is causing the problem.

Have you tried an extended database repair?

Other than that, it's a case of working out which asset is causing the problem.

The temptation is to fight the issue in the context of where you discovered it. I suggest that you move some of the assets that are troublesome, to a "sterile" new route. Setup a simple little route and begin with the absolute minimum of assets on screen. See what happens. Add things only if you can't get a failure in the most simple test.

Sorted thanks for the help guys

Set up new Data base and transferred Route into it
Selected Download all missing dependencies shown from DLS
Installed the free payware Routes & other payware downloads available
I deleted all faulty & missing dependencies which were not found as well as unknown location items
Then downloaded some items which were in the original faulty database from the DLS
Finally a EDBR and all Industries are now functioning
In the end I lost very little that affected the Route about 95% intact , mainly lost my pick lists and odd bits and pieces of scenery

Dave

Back