Trainz Plus update to 109313, 109307

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
There is a new update for Trainz Plus users that fixes a couple of crash bugs and a few other minor updates for issues reported during the previous beta.

Builds are:
Trainz Plus Beta 109170 to 109313 (PC)
Trainz Plus Beta 109162 to 109307 (Mac)

These will be available on the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream. Please ensure you have not renamed your .exe or the patch will not be identified.

Note that this does affect the TRS19 or TRS19 Platinum SP2 builds.

Regarding the crash bugs reported on Sandusky and Viktor Lake, this issue was finally tracked down as being related to certain scripts behaving differently depending on how they were installed (DLC vs DLS). This made it difficult to track down, so thanks to John Citron for his perseverance to help us with that issue as without his help, the bug would have remained in this update as well.

This shows the importance of external beta testing where we can get as many different configurations tested as possible. With the enormous volume of content there is simply no possibility our QA team could cover all the variations.

For this reason, we ask as many of you reading this as possible to create a "Beta" install (simply by copying your live install) and patching using the beta stream. The end result will be a smoother official release for everyone.

Last edited:
All updated and ready to test some more. There were no issues with the install and no errors in my content.

Thank you for the mention.

My CTD after a DBR has now stopped and it loads fine. I am checking a problem with EIT's as it seems that existing towers are unable to be changed and saved. If tower is deleted the junctions remain locked and a new path can not be set until junction is replaced.

AI trains doesn't have their headlights on anymore unlike the previous versions did..
D36Womv.jpg

wGawq6z.jpg

Cheers

AI trains doesn't have their headlights on anymore unlike the previous versions did..

Headlights working fine here. Is this from a save game? If so, does it occur in a save game created in the current build?
Are there any script errors (Trainz Settings > Dev > Show script exceptions to turn this on, then restart the game).
Does it happen on a test map?
What are the steps required to reproduce this issue?

I hate when I post a bug, when I go to repro the issue, its fixed...
Now I'm unable to repro this issue, so can't share any steps yet, but will let you know if I do run into this issue again.

Cheers

Cheers

I also have this problem, but it seems to occur intermittent, unfortunately.

When the bug happens, I sometimes enter cabin view and then head lamps are switched on (I can see it inside the cabin) and remain so when
I return to chase view(??).

Activating the AI cmd "headlights on/off" may sometimes work, even if you set headlights off!

NOTE. I am not testing Trains Plus, but TRS19 109037 Beta.

I hate when I post a bug, when I go to repro the issue, its fixed...
Now I'm unable to repro this issue, so can't share any steps yet, but will let you know if I do run into this issue again.

Cheers

Those are the fun ones. It happens all the time to me as well. All you can do is wait for the bug to appear again and capture it along with your steps to produce it, hopefully.

Those are the fun ones. It happens all the time to me as well. All you can do is wait for the bug to appear again and capture it along with your steps to produce it, hopefully.

Yeah, I enjoy these bugs .........

---------------------

I've managed to repro this issue, and its pretty easy.

Basically place an engine down, turn on the headlight, and zoom out to map view, then zoom back in and headlight will be off (even if the user interface says its on).
If you have a big enough route, place the engine down with its headlight on, go the other side of the map, and then come back to the engine's location, and the headlight will be off (even if the user interface says its on).

This issue can be repro for every route.

Video of this issue: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZu7bFXZH322QoutNwuh7a4lyEr2UfvvUPlX

Cheers

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoy these bugs .........

---------------------

I've managed to repro this issue, and its pretty easy.

Basically place an engine down, turn on the headlight, and zoom out to map view, then zoom back in and headlight will be off (even if the user interface says its on).
If you have a big enough route, place the engine down with its headlight on, go the other side of the map, and then come back to the engine's location, and the headlight will be off (even if the user interface says its on).

This issue can be repro for every route.

Video of this issue: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZu7bFXZH322QoutNwuh7a4lyEr2UfvvUPlX

Cheers

Nice repro! The QA Team will like that. :)

I had this error again.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by big_b
Had a weird thing in build 109170
This was happening with both previously installed and saved items as well as newly created ones
On a Route I've been moving through builds track objects suddenly would not move when the track was moved away from it's original place they remained in their original places
This also happened if I adjusted the track height the stayed at original height as well. Then tried moving them along the track & guess what that didn't move
Tried a few DBR's as well as EDBR's with on change

I that installed a backup ( tzarc ) from 30/9 and the then an EDBR after that all seems to be working again as it should

I had this in the past. My solution, as recommended by Tony, is to run delete missing assets and that fixed the problem. This cleans up a host of problems that can cause a route to become corrupt.

This error occurred initially when I imported a 106618 version route into 109037. It was recommended I run a delete missing assets in case something was corrupt. I did that and everything was fine afterwards.

After updating to 109313, the route was fine. I continued to work on the route without issues. I saved and exited without any apparent problems. Today I loaded the route and moved tracks, and the same issue occurred again.

Running the Delete Missing assets applet worked and there are again no other issues with the route, and this was never a problem in previous versions up to 109037.

Wow, never knew that. It was probably waiting for the perfect timing, and this build it decide to do it:D
Well, all I can say is, enjoy the report ;)

Cheers

When using the Topology tool:

If the Plateau tool is selected without using any of the other topology tools, or using the paint tool, no cursor appears.

Once another topology tool or the paint tool is used, the cursor normal.

When using the Topology tool:

If the Plateau tool is selected without using any of the other topology tools, or using the paint tool, no cursor appears.

Once another topology tool or the paint tool is used, the cursor normal.

Sorry John, can't get this to repro.
There is a bug where no tool would be selected when initially using Edit Route or when returning from Driver mode, (and so no cursor showing in Topology tab as no tool is selected).
But the cursor will show as soon as Plateau is selected.

So it sounds to me like you've found a way to have Plateau highlighted but not actually "selected". So we'll need a couple more steps added from the Edit Route stage.

EIT fails to work. My route has now decided that paths set in EIT are locked at junctions and can not be altered or deleted. I tried to add a new path on a three way junction, left and right paths were already set up, but the path selection would not allow the forward path to be selected because it only saw left and right selection. Replace the lever and the lock is removed and path can be set. Other new paths if crossing a junction with the lock symbol wont allow new path and says no exit signal but replace the lever the path can be selected. Once changes are done and the tick is selected I reopen and all settings are back to the original set up and junctions locked.
Delete an EIT will not release the locked junctions.

Once changes are done and the tick is selected I reopen and all settings are back to the original set up and junctions locked.
>>
Are you editing the route or session? I believe EITs are session based not route based (pguy may be able to elaborate).

Try making the EIT edits in a session, then edit the session to confirm the changes are saved. I would make the track and lever replacements in route layer and save that, then create session to check out the EIT setup.

EIT fails to work. My route has now decided that paths set in EIT are locked at junctions and can not be altered or deleted. I tried to add a new path on a three way junction, left and right paths were already set up, but the path selection would not allow the forward path to be selected because it only saw left and right selection. Replace the lever and the lock is removed and path can be set. Other new paths if crossing a junction with the lock symbol wont allow new path and says no exit signal but replace the lever the path can be selected. Once changes are done and the tick is selected I reopen and all settings are back to the original set up and junctions locked.
Delete an EIT will not release the locked junctions.

I am also having problems with EITs but I am using TRS19 SP2 beta which shares the same code base as PLUS. My issues are very similar to yours - on one or two occasions I had to delete and reinstate locked junctions to free them up. I also found that manually driving a train to the start signal of an EIT path would, more often than not, not allow you to set it using the <kuid2:61392:8111:70> IT SetPath (TANE SP4 and later) command but the switches were not locked and could still be set manually (which defeats the purpose of using EITs). Still trying to pin down a consistent reproduce-able case.

I have found and reported a significant bug with ITs and EITs - do not use the Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool to move them to a different layer or they will all lose all their paths. You can still move them individually using their properties window.

Back