Moving built-ins from prior versions

Tami1

Iron Island
Just got Trainz 19. I want to get all the built-ins from my TS12, 10, and 09 moved to 19 since I already PAID for those routes and assets. I remember finding a thread way back to get everything from 09 and 10 into 12 at the time and it had something to do with ja files. Cant find the thread or remember how to do it. Help!

TANE routes are available through your in-game downloader.
TS12 content (assets) is available on the DLS, routes have not been made available as yet, but plans are afoot to release them.
(And, yes you have paid for them and you can still use them in TS12.)

Note that built-in content cannot be copied across.

This article will help regarding importing other content.
https://support.trainzportal.com/in...m-older-trainz-versions--the-official-process

Just got Trainz 19. I want to get all the built-ins from my TS12, 10, and 09 moved to 19 since I already PAID for those routes and assets. I remember finding a thread way back to get everything from 09 and 10 into 12 at the time and it had something to do with ja files. Cant find the thread or remember how to do it. Help!

I have had luck moving my Routes from TS12 to TANE by using the Content Managers. First, save the Route as a CDP file, then drag the CDP file into the TANE Content Manager file list, this will install the asset in TANE. You may need to download additional dependencies (built-in newer versions), but listing dependencies will show a list that you can download the missing assets.

I have then moved those the same way from TANE to TRS19. I have never jumped from TR12 to TRS19 directly, but that should work also just the same.

Last edited:
I have had luck moving my Routes from TS12 to TANE by using the Content Managers. First, save the Route as a CDP file, then drag the CDP file into the TANE Content Manager file list, this will install the asset in TANE. You may need to download additional dependencies (built-in newer versions), but listing dependencies will show a list that you can download the missing assets.

I have then moved those the same way from TANE to TRS19. I have never jumped from TR12 to TRS19 directly, but that should work also just the same.

Going from TS12 to TRS2019 works fine.

Here's the process I used:

Update the Speed Trees to RMM trees which are obsoleted in T:ANE and up, or use billboard trees temporarily if you want to use other Speed Trees later.

Export the route.
Export all third-party dependencies.

Import the route
Import third-party.
Download any missing dependencies.

Post SP1 HF4 (Build 61388) routes and built-in assets will not transfer due to how the assets were changed.

Remember also that all built-in content uses .texture files, so they'll be faulty when you import them. You need PEV's Image2TGA to fix them.

Back