Trying to Identify a Route

steamman23

Hi All.

First time poster here. I am trying to find the game which has the following simulation. It is from quite some time ago, over 10 years probably. I believe it involves an F7 diesel pulling a short passenger train. The beginning shows that train at a mainline station. When the signal turns amber, the train starts out, crossing the multi-track mainline and it enters onto a branch. Traveling up the branch there are several stations. Finally, the train gets to the terminal. The engine uncouples the cars and moves forward onto a turntable, where it is turned. Exiting the turntable, it passes its train and backs onto the other end of the cars. It then proceeds back to the mainline junction. I have never made it all the way back. For some unknown reason, my train always derails! Can someone please tell me on what game this route is?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm that sounds familiar but I also have no clue what route that would be. Also make sure you register your account! People tend to be very skeptical of unregistered accounts due to spam and scamming etc... Good luck finding the route man!

Hi steamman23
Was it British look & feel?
I could be wrong, but it sounds like a session for the Carlisle to Skipton route.
There is a branch line from Garsdale to somewhere (cannot remember name) which somehow fits what you describe.
I first came across this route in Trainz Classic. Like I said, could be wrong.

Sounds very much like the classic Highland Valley route from the original 1.3 version of Trainz (which had a session of a F7 pulling several coaches up a mountain branch). It was a default route included with earlier versions of Trainz so it's found easily enough on the DLS (it's KUID is 98966:513615).

Last edited:
Regional Passenger Transit 2005 - Euphod
1st April 2005

Description
A Winter route with 8 passenger stations and 2 freight yards. Designed to carry passengers between the cities of Wellston and Springfield, as well as the communities in between. RPT operates 6 passenger trains and several freight trains on full auto.

*** All assets in this layout are on the DLS as confirmed by the TRS community ***

KUID: <KUID:7592:1656604>

You need to register in order to download the route. If have registered, or registered under a different username, you need to contact the helpdesk http://support.trainzportal.com/ to show you have a registered version here, otherwise, you will be constantly harassed about not having a registered version.

Back