davido's 620, 720 and 900's - cabs dependencies missing

aside8

Hello everyone,

As you might or might not know, a large amount of content has gone walkies from the DLS lately, especially from davido and nswgr46class. Some of the victims of these are the dependencies to his brilliant 620, 720 and 900 class cabs. These are:
- brake handle <kuid:60723:1145>
- fan <kuid:60723:1150>
- horn lever <kuid:60723:1148>
- lever (presumably for throttle) <kuid:60723:1147>
- reverser lever <kuid:60723:1153>
- speedo needle <kuid:60723:1149>
- switch (presumably for fan, lights etc.) <kuid:60723:1146>
- cabin numbers <kuid:60723:1151>
- cab shell <kuid:60723:1143>
- lit cab shell <kuid:60723:100024>.

All of these exist in second versions e.g. <kuid2:60723:1145:1>, however these are highlighted in red in the Download Helper window, indicating (at least in my mind) "asset has gone walkies". Does anyone own these KUIDs and if so can they share them with me? (If that's fine by davido, of course, no disrespect to him or his brilliant stock intended.)

Thank you very much for any help!

aside --

The :1 version obsoletes the original version and should work just fine. That's if you can download it -- I'm not sure what you mean by it shows red in Content Manager. That's a new one to me.

Downloading -- if all else fails, the alternative is to use the While Pages, here:

https://www.auran.com/DLS/index.php

Search by kuid (make sure earlier versions of Trainz are included) then use the Download Page link. Download then drag and drop the file into Content Manager.

Phil

What version of Trainz? it does make a difference as to the answer Red usually means you are trying to download an asset for a higher version which you can't
If TANE or TS12 Probably not gone walkies, list asset versions, find the one for the version you are using right click download this version.

I'm using Trainz 2010 - SP1, I think, because the patcher is being a bit of an arse (I haven't registered it on this account - long story.)
With regards to my "going red" comment, let me show you:
C7ySgg6.png

C7ySgg6

In the top left, the item "goes red" and refuses to download. This isn't a Trainz 2012 issue - I've downloaded boatloads of 2012 stuff that works fine in 2010 with a bit of config tweaking.

You are using an obsolete version of Trainz, 3.2 is not compatible with those updates, as said use the Web DLS. From what I remember 2010 can't handle downloading old versions of assets, TS12 upwards can.

Wow, thank you! I never would've thought the Web DLS could work this out for me, but it has. Thank you so much!

All the best
Anthony

Almost Inaccessible/Inoperable Cab. Needs An Antman

Hi everyone,

I am using Davido's class 600s-700s railcar and I ran into a state of buggy problematic situations with the in-cab control systems. I wanted to drive the railcar using the railcar control cab system and I have troubling issues interacting with the control levers because they are so small my mouse cursor is unable to hover/interact over them (the mouse hand cursor should be showing a sign of interaction). I personally believed it has something to do with the zoom functions cos when I tried to alter the radius in the config.txt from 0.05 to 1.0 or 5.0 it does not behave as expected. The bigger the radius from where the camera is set the easier to manouvre the controls.

If the camera was zoomed out then this is the sort of the expectation
For example: radius is set to 0.05, mouse cursor has to be hovered EXACTLY on the spot in order to interact.
Radius is 5.0, this means you don't have to zoom into the cab to interact with the controls you can sit back and "reach over" with the mouse cursor. Advertently, the mouse cursor should be showing a hand or "touch" symbol or a brief overlay on what the controls do in effect with the locomotive.

I do not want to be operating cabs that have an almost inaccessibility to operate the control levers and have to stick up on using an external source object (eg: keyboard controls), because that would be humane (to me that is). Knock on wood I previously have been driving trains in CAB MODE and have not ever ran into this humble, problematic minefield of inoperable cabs (cabs do have operational controls but you need antman to control it not humble humans).
:(

If anyone here shed a light into this on knowing how to fix this I greatly appreciate this while we live and thrive in a state of lockdown episode pandemic.

In the Lord of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Thanks,
Random Sandwich

Last edited:
I've gotten some of Davido's V Sets and they are missing some dependencies.

They are
<kuid:60723:900008>
<kuid:60723:100099>
<kuid:60723:100081>

I've gotten some of Davido's V Sets and they are missing some dependencies.

They are
<kuid:60723:900008>
<kuid:60723:100099>
<kuid:60723:100081>
Which V Sets are missing the dependencies? I have some of the V Sets installed and none of those dependencies are used at all.

Back