Minories in Gauge '0'.

Thanks Vern. I had to fix some minor bugs so hopefully I should upload 'Minories' and its sessions later today.

DWW MR 0 Minories 3 rail 0 Gauge <KUID:768291:12732>

Minories 0 gauge GER session <KUID:768291:12811>

Minories 0 gauge GWR session <KUID:768291:12810>

Minories 0 gauge LBSC session <KUID:768291:12812>

Have just been approved and should be available in 24 hours.

They're only basic ones Forester with engines and rolling stock placed on the track and a useful set of commands enabled. Once downloaded it's over to you and your imagination. With some curves being fairly tight and shunting maneuvering space being at a premium I thought it might be a good idea if I selected engines and rolling stock that would be fine under those conditions.

As designed by CJ Freezer this was a layout for a restricted space with a minimum of pointwork. For some shunting maneuvers you will need the aid of a friendly pilot engine.

Last edited:
The original design did not have any run-round facility and the use of a pilot or exchange engine (from the spur behind the platform) was envisaged in the station area.

Ray

From a post on RMweb about 'Minories'

His tour de force was undoubtedly Minories. He drew that plan based in a cutting but he told me one night in the library of The Model Railway club that although that was the easiest way to do it scenically, he thought the way it would look best was on a viaduct. He envisioned that the ground level, starting at the station building end, fell away towards the fiddle yard end culminating in a street running at 90 deg to the track that was on the embankment of a large river with the railway crossing over both the street and the river on a bridge. The track would then vanish between two large warehouses into the fiddle yard, the front one of which could be the railway goods warehouse which would hide the said FY. Genius, pure genius!!! You can do a great deal worse than taking inspiration from dear old Cyril.

It's certainly set me thinking about doing another version of 'Minories'. First though I have to find the key to wind up my brain so it works properly.

Last edited:
Back