Screenshots not saving (TRS19 Build 109170)

Prince271088

I **think** this problem may have initially been caused by incompatibility with OneDrive, but that being said I have never had this problem before either so it could be something entirely different.

My screenshots don't save anywhere UNLESS I have the backup to OneDrive feature switched on. If that's the case, they do save but they're not standard screenshots as they are about 5 times the size of normal screenshots and include all the menus etc. My in-game screenshot feed also doesn't update and a manual search on the computer has yielded no results.

If I turn the OneDrive feature off, they seemingly don't save anywhere. There is no update to the screenshot feed, no files are added to the screenshots folder in my data file or the app data folder (this is also true with the OneDrive feature turned on) but yeah it's a little bit annoying as I usually share a lot of screenshots with a friend of mine which I am currently unable to do.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Sounds like you aren't using the in-game screenshot feature that Trainz has and instead been using the print screen key. I've used the built-in screenshot tool and it has saved all of the screenshots taken in the screenshot folder, which is inside the content folder you have Trainz pointed to.

Image of the screenshot tool that Trainz has:
wyDuzww.jpg

Cheers

Not really sure why you are creating threads in this restricted forum? Wouldn't it be better to post issues with the public beta in the TRS19 forum. I doubt that there are many more than 30 users with access to this forum as access to it is restricted by an NDA.

William

Sounds like you aren't using the in-game screenshot feature that Trainz has and instead been using the print screen key. I've used the built-in screenshot tool and it has saved all of the screenshots taken in the screenshot folder, which is inside the content folder you have Trainz pointed to.

Cheers

Actually I attempted with both and get the same result both times. The first thing I tried after it not working with the print screen key was to manually grab a screenshot and as I previously mentioned, nothing saves.

Not really sure why you are creating threads in this restricted forum? Wouldn't it be better to post issues with the public beta in the TRS19 forum. I doubt that there are many more than 30 users with access to this forum as access to it is restricted by an NDA.

William

I do so because I am using a Beta version of the game so any bugs, errors etc. I come across would not be applicable to the majority of users and may also potentially be as a result of something that the team at Trainz don't want shouted out about. Therefore in my mind it made the most sense to put it here.

Sounds to me like your configuration for One Drive is the problem.

Create a fresh local data folder, don't change anything and the Print Screen will save to your /screeenshots folder (location shown in Trainz Settings > Install tab).

I've moved this post to the TRS19 beta forum (public).

I had the same problem in this build also but it is now working with both game and external screen shots

Back