Corpus Christi Terminal RR route has been plagiarized.

maxwerks

Corpus Christi Terminal RR route has been plagiarized.

Apparently, user "jokobelo" thinks it's OK to copy other people's work and upload it to the DLS as their own.

The "Corpus Christi Terminal RR" route uploaded to the DLS on 10/1/20 (KUID:365359:10039) is, as far as I can tell, an exact copy of the one I uploaded on 9/11/2015 (KUID:425968:100613), right down to the image and description in the asset details.

NOT COOL.

I have notified NV3.

Last edited:
I wondered about that. I downloaded it but have deleted it, and am downloading yours, What about the session? I don't see any other sessions for the route? I don't want to keep it though, if it is based on a plagiarized copy....

Get a ro...! Well, maybe not as bad as horse thievery. Good to see you post on the forum. Really enjoy your work.

As well as Corpus, your masterpiece ([FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]BNSF: Clovis to Lubbock <KUID:425968:100010>), ([FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]AransasPassTerminalRwy <KUID:425968:1010>) and ([FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]AbileneTexas <KUID:425968:1280>) are all representing the Lone Star State in my TRS19. And the four-part Austin Western has been adapted into it as well. (Just railfanned along Old MacNeil Road a few weeks ago.) With a few adjustments/dependencies, these routes are all lots of fun and an inspiration to this rookie Trainzer.

Accept no substitutes!

PS: Don't forget ([FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]8th Avenue Industrial RR - TRS2012 <KUID:425968:100005>) for the NE element.

Regards,

Blabsky
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

The session from "jokobelo" appears to be original. That is, it's not copied from one of mine, anyway.

I am absolutely fine with people creating and sharing sessions for my routes. I am NOT fine with people copying my routes without my permission and passing them off as their own work.

The sessions I created for the route are available on the DLS. They are "CCTR Sample Session" 1, 2, and 3.

I wondered about that. I downloaded it but have deleted it, and am downloading yours, What about the session? I don't see any other sessions for the route? I don't want to keep it though, if it is based on a plagiarized copy....

Many thanks for the kind words, Blabsky! Glad to know you're enjoying the routes. Nice, too, to see a fellow Texan on the forum.

Have fun,

Max

Get a ro...! Well, maybe not as bad as horse thievery. Good to see you post on the forum. Really enjoy your work.

As well as Corpus, your masterpiece (BNSF: Clovis to Lubbock <KUID:425968:100010>), (AransasPassTerminalRwy <KUID:425968:1010>) and (AbileneTexas <KUID:425968:1280>) are all representing the Lone Star State in my TRS19. And the four-part Austin Western has been adapted into it as well. (Just railfanned along Old MacNeil Road a few weeks ago.) With a few adjustments/dependencies, these routes are all lots of fun and an inspiration to this rookie Trainzer.

Accept no substitutes!

PS: Don't forget (8th Avenue Industrial RR - TRS2012 <KUID:425968:100005>) for the NE element.

Regards,

Blabsky
[SUB][/SUB]

NV3 has removed the offending route from the DLS. The Corpus Christi Terminal RR session by "jokobelo" is still there, as it appears to be original -- at any rate, it's not a copy of any of my sessions.

Thanks, NV3!

Now, I'm off to continue work on a new route...right after practicing how to spell "plagiarized." :)

I am assuming anyone downloading the session will have to change the Map KUID to yours, Maxwerks, otherwise it will list "jokobelo"'s map as an unknown missing asset.

Is it OK to upload a session of someone else's route that you modified? I suppose that if I create a mega route of different people's routes that it would be common courtesy to ask the creators of the routes for permission to upload their routes merged together. I would think that content creators will spot unauthorized copies of their content. But what if a person hides it on a password protected storage site?

Thanks for asking. In my opinion, if you're going to merge others' routes into a megaroute and make it public, I believe you should ask them first. Most will probably be OK with it, but don't just assume.

What you do on your own hard drive is your business. However, if you do anything to change an asset I created and want to make it publicly available on the DLS or anywhere else, you should first get my permission. You should also credit me in the asset description as the original creator. If you don't and I find out about it, I'll do my darnedest to get that asset removed from whatever site it's on.

I'm happy to share my work with the Trainz community -- in fact, that's the main reason I build routes. However, I spend many hours on them and take great pride in my work. I don't want someone else to steal it, or muck it up.

Sorry if this comes across as pompous; I'm still rather ticked off about this incident.

Again, thanks for asking.

Have fun,

Max

Is it OK to upload a session of someone else's route that you modified? I suppose that if I create a mega route of different people's routes that it would be common courtesy to ask the creators of the routes for permission to upload their routes merged together. I would think that content creators will spot unauthorized copies of their content. But what if a person hides it on a password protected storage site?

As well as Corpus, your masterpiece (BNSF: Clovis to Lubbock <KUID:425968:100010>), (AransasPassTerminalRwy <KUID:425968:1010>) and (AbileneTexas <KUID:425968:1280>) are all representing the Lone Star State in my TRS19. And the four-part Austin Western has been adapted into it as well. (Just railfanned along Old MacNeil Road a few weeks ago.) With a few adjustments/dependencies, these routes are all lots of fun and an inspiration to this rookie Trainzer.

Accept no substitutes!

PS: Don't forget (8th Avenue Industrial RR - TRS2012 <KUID:425968:100005>) for the NE element.

Regards,

Blabsky

Hello there, When you say NE element, which route are you talking about? Trying to download all the ones you mentioned to go with this one (For Trainz19):

Corpus Christi Terminal RR - maxwerks
8th September 2015

Last edited:
Back