I lost my screen shot function when I deleted trainz and reloaded it. Need Help.

A couple of weeks ago; I deleted my trs-2019 build 105096 and reinstalled it but found that there was NO screenshot folder and there was NO screenshot icon in the upper right hand corner of the game screen.
I can't find them anywhere

I have reloaded with the "Full installer" (at least twice) and the "On line installer" (more than 4 times) with the same results.

Trainz 2019 is installed on my "R: drive And everything seems to work with all reloads ok except the screenshot function.

I would try to installing it on the "C" drive but there's Not enough room left on the "C" drive (Less than 9 GB left).
Note it was running ok on the "R" drive ok before the deletion and reinstall.

anyone know what I'm doing wrong???
Dave

Need to take a screenshot for the folder to be created. Try Print Screen, that will create the folder. Incidentally I don't have a screenshot icon in TRS19, it's under the Social Menu in 106618, I always use Print Screen anyway.

Just checked my install of 105096 and its not there either, same as 106618, it's under the Social menu, sure you are not confusing it with TANE?

Malc

It shows you the kind of day I was having. Your right I must have been thinkin of something else. When I used the Social menu to do a screen shot; every thing work just as you said it would.
Thanks for the help. I wish I had ask for help sooner and saved myself all those reloads. But I couldn't tell you yesterday because my internet was down until this morning.

Thanks again for the help
Dave

Apparently this is a secret that only I do not know, but since TS12 (I am TS19 Plus, now) I have given up on taking screen shots because I simply cannot find them on my computer. The Social menu rather cryptically indicates they might be stored in /default, a subdirectory under TRS2019, in the Program files, but I have no /default directory there. Anyway, I do find it strange that anything like photos would be shunted to a part of the hard drive that MS does all in its power to keep from the user accessing. Where do I look for screen shots? And where do they go if I press "UPLOAD"?

Screenshots are in your data (build) folder shown in trainz/settings/install. Upload sends them to the trainz gallery site for others to see (it is not a storage site).

Why even bother with it if you own a Geforce card and have the Geforce experience installed ? Much better control and ability to customize .....all my screenshots and vids are made with the Geforce software.

Back