Is there a way to correct my own mistake?

sura

FMA-member from Budafok
Hi guys,

I made a stupid mistake, in the Trainz Settings at the start i changed the route C://User/Documents... (long path) to something different (actually to drive F://User/Documents... since my TS19 is located there).As a result I am not able to start Trainz19 any more, receiving an error message: [0930/185609.427:ERROR:settings.cc(325)] Settings version is not 1. This error prevents to open the small regular launch window.

Is there any possibilities to recover this error, without reinstalling TS19, but with editing some setting files in the game directory? Where, in which library do I find it at all?

Any help/advice is highly welcome...

Cheers:
SurA

:'(

I've never seen that error message before.

When you moved your data folder, did you move only the build folder (The one with all the numbers and letters like build232dec6)?

If you did not do that, and moved the N3V Games folder as well, you need to put the N3V Games folder back in App Data/Local.

If this works and you can start up, you can then go into the Trainz settings in the launcher and set the path for your data by clicking on the three dots (...) and choosing your new folder location.

After that, TRS2019 will run a quick database repair-like routine and want to restart, and your username and password will be found automatically.

Hope this helps...

Where did you change this? If in the Launcher settings you should just be able to change it back by browsing to the correct folder.

The location of the data folder is held here if you have moved it, C:\Users\your Windows Login\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\userdata-redirect-map.txt Unless you moved it, your data should be in the same place in a build....... folder.

file content looks like this I have three installs One backup one beta and one I use normally and I shifted my Data to a userdata folder in each of the installs, much simpler having it all in the same place!
Code:
"g:/trainz railroad simulator 2019" "G:/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019/userdata"
"h:/trainz railroad simulator 2019" "H:/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019/userdata"
"f:/trainz railroad simulator 2019" "F:/Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019/userdata"

I suspect in your case you now have the userdata-redirect-map.txt, it's only there if you have moved your user data somewhere else by changing the entry in the launcher.

You have to physically move it first though.

Hi again,

So, the basics are done, thanks for the above Forum-members, I restored my Launch window based on advises from clam1952 (BTW if that number in Your nick has some connections with your birthday, we are of same age).

To keep a long story short, I proudly installed a new 1 TB SSD Drive and I moved all my TS19 content onto it. On some crazy way all my routes and Download Center Data I collected in the last 18 months changed into TS19 archive files with an extension KUID XXXX:XXXX.tzarc and is located under the folder ...\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\data\local\hash-00, hash-01, etc.. I have now problems, since i am unable to recover my collections, my routes etc.

Yes, I read the help for TS2009 and TANE, but they did not really help. I moved the *.tzarc files from data\local\hash-nn to the Editing folder as suggested and tried to rebuild the database in Developer mode, but it did not work. How can i import an archive with the CM, that is the question...

Any experiences, suggestions for an old Trainzer?

When you install TRS19 it installs in two parts. The Operating folder goes to the place you ask it to install at (say the F drive). Do not move anything in this folder. The second folder is installed on your C drive by default, it is this folder that contains your content. Located at
C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19 ***** = Your computer name. Inside is a folder build************, Move only this folder to your F drive. Open launch screen and select settings/install and redirect the path to where you placed the folder. F:\build*********** for example.

Thank You stagecoach.

I did not install TRS19, i installed a new SSD-drive and I moved TRS19 in a new directory i set up on that new drive, hoping a quicker loading time and better performance. As a result, i got all my custom content archived in tzarc format. My problem is, how can i convert a tzarc file back to cdp, since all my routes are now in tzarc-format.

Cheers:
SurA
:mop:

If you have the build folder on your new drive, you need to reset the path in trainz launcher settings/install to the build folders new location and do a DBR.

tzarc is how everything is stored, cdp is just a package containing an asset and no longer exists after you have installed it.

Wherever your userdata is, in the Launcher change the path to point to it by clicking the button with three dots on it at the end of the path box and browse to that folder, don't enter manually.

Then you need to run a Database Repair so TRS19 knows you have added your data back.

If you have your correct original build..... folder I'd suggest putting it on the same drive as TRS19 then just do as above in the launcher.

Back