Having CTD in some of my saved games.

HgoDR

I'm playing on a custom route/session and have been having problems with some savegames. Randomly(i believe) some of them had a CTD when I try to load them and no matter what i do, i can't load it. I have no idea what can cause this, apparently I will have to save several times and be lucky that one of them works, I even thought the problem could be missing assets, but I removed or replaced them all and there are no more of them. Can anyone give me a hint of what it might be and if it can be solved?

I have the habit of adding some locomotives and consists during the game and with drivers and on this route I already have several of them, can this be a problem?

Have you updated anything recently? If you have updated the Enhanced Locking towers to the current version, delete that version and see if your routes load. We've experienced this recently with another route.

No, I don't use EIT, or the rules for it, and I haven't updated anything, I think. I tried to use in this route a while ago, but I removed everything.

No, I don't use EIT, or the rules for it, and I haven't updated anything, I think. I tried to use in this route a while ago, but I removed everything.

Run a database repair and see if that helps. The usual cause is bad content unless there's a system problem, but in 99% of the cases, it's a faulty texture, scripted asset, or corrupted mesh that causes crashes. Since your problem is widespread, I would try the DBR and see if that helps. If not, try an Extended Database Repair (EDR) by pressing CTRL when clicking on Repair Database.

Run a database repair and see if that helps. The usual cause is bad content unless there's a system problem, but in 99% of the cases, it's a faulty texture, scripted asset, or corrupted mesh that causes crashes. Since your problem is widespread, I would try the DBR and see if that helps. If not, try an Extended Database Repair (EDR) by pressing CTRL when clicking on Repair Database.

I did it a few times and it didn't work, and I think the problem is not with this route, I started to make a new route with just a built-in track and nothing else and stuck with missing asset messages with that icon of missing assets linked to the session thumbnail, but on the route I only put one built-in track as a test and nothing else, no locos or structures

Last edited:
This is definitely content. I'm sure of it.
Go into Content Manager.
Disable everything but the built-in assets.

Run a database repair.

create a test route.

Test...

Does it work?

If yes, then go back to Content Manager.
Enable some, perhaps 100 of the disabled assets.

Repair, test, repeat.

Eventually, you'll run into one of the assets that's causing the crash, and you can delete that.

The alternative is to create an empty data folder. If that works, import your custom content and download anything you're missing from the DLS.

Back