conflict between TANE and TRS19

Johnda1237

This is a hell of a mess. I finally gave up on T:ANE and moved onto TRS19 on my iMac. It has been running sweetly and I just finished a nice layout and am running great stuff from K&L trainz. I decided to give T:ANE SP4 one more chance and installed it today.

Are you folks aware that both programs have the same logo and title? the SAME??? I installed T:ANE and not only would it not work, but it took out my copy of TRS19 in the process.

AAAArrrrrggggg!

OK, I plan on deleting T:ANE and reinstalling TRS19. I suggest strongly that you remove T:ANE SP4 from your lineup or edit it so that there is no conflict. Please look into the possibility of crediting me for the purchase of T:ANE SP4.

Best,

John

They certainly don't have the same logo or title on my installs. Both Tane and TRS19 (plus and plus beta installs) generally run very well.

I finally found the proper version of TRS19 in my trash and reinstalled it. My layout was there, and that's all I want. TANE will not work on my 64 bit, latest upgrade iMac . Both versions say "Trainz a new Era " and have the slice of cheese logo. I was really ready to just give in and forget about Trainz for EVA!

By "slice of cheese logo" are you referring to the app icon? That doesn't really tell you anything about the version/build. The build is on the startup screen.

Each program has its own distinctive executable icon - T:ANE rocks a steam loco and TRS19 the 'slice of cheese'.
Start the Launcher from the respective executable: TANE.exe or TRS19.exe - You'll see a different Launcher screen with the applicable Build number visible on the dialog.
Install each into their own distinctive and descriptively-named folders (on separate drives if needed).
Keep the Userdata folders for each version of Trainz strictly separate as well - they are NOT interoperable due to file and database structural differences.

Slice of cheese, that is funny. I have TRS19 NA, TRS19 Platinum and Tane SP4 and all have the slice of cheese as the icon. When I go to Change Icon I see slice of cheese and two red folders with yellow paper sticking out the top. One has CDP on it and the other has LOG.

John, what may have got you is the updater for TANE can sometimes be pointing to the wrong directory. I've seen this before and had to manually point it to the TANE.exe file. I'm glad it is all sorted.

William

Slice of cheese is a good description of the logo. ;)

At one point, I used my own icons from something else or created my own using a paint program. More recently, I have edited the bitmap so that the Launcher says more that just TRS2019-Plus on it. I did the old paint-type editing with a Sharpie marker look to it so it says BETA on it in a scribble. The reason for that is so I would know which version I had accidently clicked on after the Launcher appeared.

Back