Faulty or not faulty that is the question

samplaire

Hi,
Does anybody have a ONE but working solution for the problem present in Trainz from the antient times? After the new beta TRS19 Platinum update a bunch of assets became faulty but after checking for errors there is none... There is a solution for this but you have to perform it for each and every asset meaning TIME. The sequence of things is:

- check the asset for warnings and errors
- double click the affected asset name to pop up the info window

after that, after a second or so the asset becomes error free..

Stupid, heh?

N3V - please do one final cleanup with this!!!

I highlight the assets in the list.
View errors and warnings.

--- There are none ---

I exit from the Faulty assets view.

Go to Installed or Download Station.

Go back into Faulty.

----

What this does is refresh the database and force the information to be updated.

This is an issue with TRS2019 and should be reported as a bug and I think it's related to cached information not being flushed and refreshed.

I forgot to say - all of this mess happened right after what? Database repair... which should be called from now on: redisaster database..

I forgot to say - all of this mess happened right after what? Database repair... which should be called from now on: redisaster database..

Yeah! :D

It has to do with the validation of the content. This is has always occurred since the assets.tdx database was invented. It was worse I think in previous versions, but still the issue cleared up quicker.

Like a lot of things, simpler things go away and more complex things replace them.

Speaking of things, I really enjoy using your track. This is now my go-to replacement for all my rails on my routes these days. The texturing works well and the LOD is well done unlike the built-in stuff or that by some other content creators.

Thanks a lot! In the past I trusted the built in tracks’ lod structure but everything depends on the complexity of fasteners and sleepers so can’t be the same for each track. I am still learning the lod atructure and sometimes it frightens me a lot. I always check with the preview asset feature in TRS19. It quickly shows if The LODs work as expected and in expected distance and other factory as draw call count

Actually, nice to know double-clicking works! I have always gone to preview asset. Although I must admit, I like to see the featured assets in rotating 3D and then right-click and try different views...

Another things:
- 'new version available' next to an asset and... 'download' greyed out
- 'built in (missing dependencies)' - when you check for dependencies you either see no missing dependencies or go in an infinite loop of missing dependencies when you check for dependencies of the dependencies becuse in a point you see the dependant asset...
- no matter my full 2 year install or a fresh TRS19 Platiunum install (the latest non beta) - when you install first of the 'free' packages in the content store you end up with at least 3 assets with missing dependencies (and first of all a warning that there was an error at the end of install process, when you hit 'retry' you end with 'installed' message with no warning)

May I ask very very calm - what is going on?

There are so many let's call them 'imperfectness' which drive me crazy that make me want to throw the game through a window for the 1000000000 time....

And every time I face a curious thing in trainz I loose hours, days of checking if I do something not the way it should be done before I realize this is bad coding (or whatever, I don't call it a bug). Shame!

Last edited:
The only issue that I have had with content after the SP2 beta install was one asset which CM reported as "Built-in, newer version available" but when you select the asset and list all its Asset Versions, the "newer version" with the incremented kuid is reported as "unknown location". I have reported this as a bug.

The only issue that I have had with content after the SP2 beta install was one asset which CM reported as "Built-in, newer version available" but when you select the asset and list all its Asset Versions, the "newer version" with the incremented kuid is reported as "unknown location". I have reported this as a bug.

Sometimes but not always, if you right click download this version, the unknown location items download.
Or they can show correctly a day or so later, again not always.

Yes, the unknown location is also specialite de la maison of TRS19...

OK, my fault, no backup etc. I've just lost my 2 year tweaked map in the latest beta. Can anybody tell me what is the purpose of the 'original' folder ora 'backups' in trainz? The original is fatter everyday (18GB now) but when you need it it is useless... I've tried to perform 'revert to original' unsuccessfully... argh!!!!

I have never seen a video with full monitoring (FPS average, minimum, 1%, frame time). Not to mention the use of analysis methods for the rendering time of each frame. Yes, in general, you need to choose some specific place on the default map and there let everyone measure at least instant fps. And it is not clear when these friezes begin, maybe this bot spawned in the portal? By the way, are they still working in 2019?
In post-processing Ultra, there are many loading and not very beautiful effects, I recommend using the manual setting, you can find it in the menu for developers, there is an item with post-processing, but in Tania, the custom settings were reset after a restart, so this will only help which effect is dropping fps.

First do I smell a spammer? I'm sure that is a copy from another post and used by other spammers?

Anyway, I feel the OP's pain, I've had hundreds, yes hundreds of assets show as "faulty" when importing into TRS19 from Tane. However, after some time I realised they weren't really faulty, (well they sort of were), but had to be re-downloaded directly into TRS19. I've run out of data twice in the last 6 weeks.. 95% or even more of "faulty" items weren't. Ce la ve?

First do I smell a spammer? I'm sure that is a copy from another post and used by other spammers?

Anyway, I feel the OP's pain, I've had hundreds, yes hundreds of assets show as "faulty" when importing into TRS19 from Tane. However, after some time I realised they weren't really faulty, (well they sort of were), but had to be re-downloaded directly into TRS19. I've run out of data twice in the last 6 weeks.. 95% or even more of "faulty" items weren't. Ce la ve?

Yes I smell a spammer too.

Regarding your false-errors. I said this before in your own thread. View errors and warnings. The errors will now show none. Change the view to something else such as installed or even built-in. Wait for the screen to refresh... When done, change back to faulty assets. This will refresh the view and the false-errors will disappear.

If you do have errors left over after this process, the assets are in fact bad and need to be updated (recommended), repaired, or deleted.

Back