Where To Place Moons On Your Layout

I put my moon on a show/hide layer that is controlled by a rule. This rule is also a child of a time of day type rule. This will auto hide it during the day and show it at night. (Have also done this for people group types to match time of day as well.)

Good move. I'll have to remember that one for future use. Thanks.

It would be nice for future Trainz releases to have the moon cycle at night the same way the sun operates now during the day. The moon could cycle through all phases according to the month. The route I'm making from the late 1800's has sessions for Milk trains that leave at 2am for a 2 hour non stop trip to reach its destination with fresh milk to be distributed first thing in the morning . This night route travels south west where the moon would very visible to the engineer on the right side of the cab.

It would be nice for future Trainz releases to have the moon cycle at night the same way the sun operates now during the day. The moon could cycle through all phases according to the month. The route I'm making from the late 1800's has sessions for Milk trains that leave at 2am for a 2 hour non stop trip to reach its destination with fresh milk to be distributed first thing in the morning . This night route travels south west where the moon would very visible to the engineer on the right side of the cab.

Agreed. Trainz should seriously consider putting the moon in its future releases.

Back