No save after second time

er9m

Hi,

i have a strange problem with TS2019. When i open any kind of loco (my asset) and try to change something in it's texture with photoshop, TS2019 saves texture changes only after first time. I mean, if i open game and look at that loco, first time texture changes are visible, but if i exit the game (launch window still opened and CM so) and try to change in that loco texture something else, then, by opening the game again, i don't see those last changes on that texture. I have to exit fully all game windows to see last changes. And do this on all time after any further changes. It's very uncomfortable. What's that? Earlier everything was ok. Did someone had or has this kind of problem and maybe someone knows how to fix it? Thanks.

This sounds like the database isn't updating properly. I recommend running a database repair. Click on Developer right on the Launcher, or Content Manager menu bar. Choose repair database.

If this doesn't work, run an extended database repair (EDBR) by clicking on the same menus and also press the CTRL-key when clicking on repair database.

This process will take some time as it does a data-integrity check, and clear's caches in addition to really checking the assets.

Once completed, check for faulty content. You may see some faulty content so don't panic. Right-click on the faulty assets and choose view errors and warnings. Many of the assets will clear up and show zero errors and warnings, but may not clear from the screen. Exit from the Faulty assets screen and come back in to refresh the database view. At that point, you shouldn't have any faulty content. If you do have any, you need to check these assets further.

Hope this helps.

It could be something else such as your system or antivirus causing the problem.

Antivirus programs can sometimes interrupt operations such as writing to folders. Trainz opens and closes folders and files, and compresses and decompresses files constantly. The antivirus program will scan files and prevent them from being written properly. Try excluding the data folders and the program from antivirus real-time scanning.

If this doesn't help, then it's a system problem, but we'll go for the easy stuff first! ;)

I uninstalled antivirus, but it didn't helped, i think only Trainz reinstallation can help in this case, although i don't want to do it :)

I uninstalled antivirus, but it didn't helped, i think only Trainz reinstallation can help in this case, although i don't want to do it :)

I don't blame you, but it's not as bad as you think. Try this method here:

n the event that it still won't start, and you have to reinstall, you won't lose your data.

1) Copy your user data folder to a "safe place". This is always a good thing to do especially if something weird has happened.

The folder is located here by default:

C:\Users\<Your LOGIN Name>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19

In a folder named build something. (Like this here: build 9k0qtg991)

The something is a bunch of letters and numbers.

If you have multiple ones, copy the folder with the most recent data. (open the folder and check the dates of the content).

2) Uninstall the application by deleting the folders directly from your hard disk. The uninstaller is broken once you've updated the program.

3) Reinstall the program.
Go through the motions of letting it choose it's own data folder, etc.

Once done:

1) At the Launcher, open settings.
2) Click on the Install tab.
3) Click on the ... on the right.
4) Browse to C:\Users\<Your LOGIN Name>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19
5) Look for the build something folder with the same letters and numbers as the one you copied.
6) Click on that.
7) Click on the select folder.

This will remember all your settings you have already including your username, password, and other setups.

You'll be asked to restart the program. Do as instructed, and you should be up and running.

Thanks very much for instructions. Before first installation I changed user data path, to game core path, so i think, that it should be Local folder and Original folder, with data, i should backup. Ok, i'll try to follow your instructions, but later, because, as i understand, that in any way, i will lose all downloaded content from DLS, so i have to prepare for it and buy FCT. :)

Back