help with two loads on one car

kcwright_rm

Cumberland & Eastern RRTC
Hello! I am trying to kitbash the Bdaneal ACL flatcar so it can hold two separate loads at once. the only issue is i dont know how to do this, does anyone know how this can be done?

AFAIK each load needs an attachment point. The script also needs to try to load the second object. Often examining an asset that does this helps with modifying a different one.

Hi John --

I always have difficulty understanding the various wikis.

I'm assuming you are referring to "position"? If so, then by specifying values for X, Y, Z the position of load can be moved away from the attachment point built into the mesh? In effect, one attachment point can also be divided into two by, for example, Y = +2 and Y = -2. Correct?

This has interesting possibilities. For example where a locomotive has a non-standard attachment point for a cab. It can then be corrected so that the floor of a substitute cab no longer drags along the ballast. Same with bogeys.

I learn something every day.

Phil

Hi John --

I always have difficulty understanding the various wikis.

I'm assuming you are referring to "position"? If so, then by specifying values for X, Y, Z the position of load can be moved away from the attachment point built into the mesh? In effect, one attachment point can also be divided into two by, for example, Y = +2 and Y = -2. Correct?

This has interesting possibilities. For example where a locomotive has a non-standard attachment point for a cab. It can then be corrected so that the floor of a substitute cab no longer drags along the ballast. Same with bogeys.

I learn something every day.

Phil

It first came to my notice when trying to switch bogeys but yes it has lots of possibilities.

Cheerio John

Back