Turfx Gras On Roads?

boleyd

If I use the mass "plant per texture" grass planting feature in the latest TurFX, roads also are covered with grass. This occurs when roads are placed upon a texture that is subsequently auto-covered by grass in the latest release. Is there a way to inoculate roads so they do not receive grass just because the underlying texture does?

No way to exclude from the roads unless you paint under the roads and remove the turrfx based on the texture used on the roads.
I've been there myself, and it was interesting to say.

Cheers

The easiest way is to have a dedicated texture under your roads with a 20 metre width on a 12 metre road. Use the Bulk replace tool to paint your road base texture and then exclude that texture when you auto paint TurfFX. Works well with tracks too.
The other way, is a bit left field. (yes we use American anachronisms and play baseball) paint water under the area you wish to exclude, then in the turf settings, tell it to avoid water.
cheers
Graeme

Painting water - that's a good tip for the toolbox, Graeme.

I use short grass in areas where the grass gets in too close to tracks and roads. This becomes sketchy though as well and I can see the water being a bit more controllable.

Looks like TurFX has been significantly upgraded in TrainzPlus. I'm beginning to feel a bit left behind in Platinum. :(

Paul

Back