Niddertalbahn: LAADGS Car Collector session faulty

Lancelot01

Trainz fan
I am running the Niddertalbahn TRS-19 LAADGS Car Collector session but I am stuck in Lindheim.

After collecting the two car wagons from the yard I notice the LiW3 switch has changed at Lindheim, I exited the yard and headed to the nearby station where I stop , disconnect and prepare to do a run-around. Unfortunately the LiW3 junction now leads to a small siding and makes it impossible to exit the passing-siding at Lindheim station.

I am now stuck on a passing Line between LiW2 and LiW3, and I need to go through LiW3 to be able to do a run-around.
I cannot proceed with this session, has anyone else encountered this issue and is there a fix for it ?

Thanks.
Lance.

Hi Lance

I've just completed this section of the session without any issues.

I approached Lindheim and was diverted to the passing loop to go on towards the two cars for collection. Then back into the passing loop. Disconnected and ran on to the main line stopping on the other side of the road. Then back down the main line, passing the cars. Then stopping again reversed onto the cars waiting on the loop. Exited back onto the main line without problems.

I have found that with some sessions you have to get the distance to zero (for the red stop navigation points) and come to a complete stop (and pause) before you get the correct response from the rules setup in the session.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply Ian, I have found a video showing the run around section in question , and it worked for him as well.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Niddertalbahn TRS19 and shall try again, and this time paying closer attention to my stopping point as it is about a half loco length different to the video (although that amount shouldnt really be the issue). And I cant work out why the LiW3 junction switches to the short siding when I connect up to the LADDGS cars. As I can not find any indication of anyone else having this issue, I shall have to take a deeper look at this.

I do not have the TANE version installed, so I am wondering if there is something in those scripts that are missing in the TRS19 version on my computer?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback..

Lance.

As an update to this topic, I have uninstalled T:ANE and reinstalled Niddertalbahn. I the ran the LAADGS session again but I still get stuck in the passing loop after uncoupling. The LiW3 junction switch is such that I can not re-enter the main line to perform a run-around, as can be seen below.
Niddertalbahn-TRS19_LAADGS_3.jpg

As can be seen in the map view below, LiW2 and LiW3 prevent me from heading into the main line.
Niddertalbahn-TRS19_LAADGS_4.jpg

I noticed that every time I run this session, as I pass the LiW3 switch it stays in the main line connect position, but as soon as I connect up to the LAADGS cars the LiW3 switch changes to the small siding (to the right of LiW3)

I can't work out what is causing the problem here, and if anyone knows of a fix or how to get in contact with the author I would be grateful. He may know of the issue and how to rectify it..
I am still thinking it may be a faulty script somewhere that is impacting on this download..
Lance..

Hi Lance

I've run the session again and can't replicate your issue. I can confirm that when I connect up to the LAADGS cars the LiW3 switch changes to the small siding as you noticed (and I see those other strange junctions sitting in the middle of nowhere). It changes again (back to the main) when I uncouple the cars to do the run-around.

There may be a couple of other things different in our installs. I am using TRS19 build 105096. I also have the TANE version of this route installed in TRS19.
As another suggestion have a look at content manger and see if there are any missing or out-of-date dependencies.

I had a similar issue in the Appen passenger session in 2019. The video on youtube works fine, but I can't runaround because the switch won't allow me to get in front. I turned it into the help desk and they affirmed the bug, but I have not heard of any fix.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am running TRS-19 build 105100 with Niddertalbahn-19 version installed at the moment, the problem was also replicated yesterday with T-ANE installed as well (but without the T-ANE version of Niddertalbahn installed).
I have done a re-install of Niddertalbahn just in-case that was the issue, and completed an asset check and all is ok there.
It is good to know the LiW3 junction is working as per scripted, so it appears as though the problem may lie with my system or a faulty script.
I am now thinking it has something to do with the position of the loco in relation to the stopping point, and it is probably just me not hitting the right position (I am obviously a lousy Engineer :confused:). My stubbornness wont let me drop this, so I am determined to solve it... lol
I may have to re-instal both T-ANE and its version of Niddertalbahn and see if I can replicate the problem on T-ANE.

It's funny how some computers just don't like to play nice with certain games for some people, almost as if they have a warped sense of "computer" humor...

Thanks for the help guys, I shall persevere.

Lance.

Back