Good news for lovers of the UP 9000 class!

unknown.png
2020-09-29_3.png

If this works these are two images taken from my first attempt at re-texturing back in September last year. I havnt taken any screenshots since then but I'll get back to taking them as work progresses and post some with multiple ideas where a vote can be made on what people like better.
Currently this post is a test to make sure images will be visible to others.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Last edited:
Progress report and community vote

Content options vote:

The first votes for anyone reading is would you like having a weathered and unweathered version for each engine or stick to the way done by Shane where the weathering is heavier as the numbers climb. Secondly there are only four road numbers offered directly from the original package. What would the opinion be on doing every road number instead of the few offered? The only way to do that currently is to make a separate engine for each number and its corresponding tender. Doing that would leave 4 assets for each number if weathered versions were wanted. It's possible that Shane might allow me to break the mesh to do nothing but add ARN and edit the position of some pesky smoke attachments which are giving me problems. That, however is a very far fetched idea so fingers crossed. Please vote what you would like below, community feedback is much appreciated on this project as I would like it to make as many people happy as possible.

progress report:

I've begun retexturing work on the engines to revert what I had did the first go around. With newer skills this should not take as long as last time, and most importantly it will also look better. Hardest part to the project is finding pictures of the engines that can help in matching color or finding what need to be painted in a certain way. The engine sound, spec, and whistle will be some of the last things to be completed. Smoke is already underway as the first part of the project I usually work on. A post will be made soon to let anyone decide between multiple different smoke effects to see what is liked the most. Overall it is moving along quite well.

expect another post hopefully by the end of tomorrow or during the middle of the week!

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Last edited:
I personally vote for ARN that would be cool. Also depending how technical you wanted to get, maybe gecko scripts to have the different weathered conditions applied. Just some thoughts.

I'd say weathered versions would be greatly appreciated.

ARN with random weathering might be the way to go, although I have no idea how complicated that makes things.

The screenshots from January 7 look very nice!

Are PBR textures possible?
I want these to be backwards compatible so they will be using .tga files. While pbr can look good when done correctly it can also be screwed up quite spectacularly. In any case as a fill in for those that want arn I would love to do that however it would require Shanes permission for it. I am not sure if he would accept me doing that or not. So it is in the background for now.

Progress as of yet.

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting as I have been quite busy with things. The restart on the textures and smoke effects has been started. I didn't like the way the first go through was looking so I have started from the ground up. Currently all the smoke is done on the model as of yet.

A new question for those of the community needs to be asked now however. Just like my previous options questions there is a interesting smoke feature on this engine where it will be fine to kick up dust when the engine gets past 40 mph. I have kept and updated the feature on my current smoke edits but what would everyone line there. Should the dust effect stay or should it go?

Picture of the smoke compairison below. Top image is the original. Bottom two images are the new. All of the new smoke has been given a wind effect so the environment will affect how it looks more for a realistic appearance. I'll post another update soon as it keeps going along.

Thanks to Beau (one of my beta testers) for the great shots of the current progress!

Screenshot_220.png

Screenshot_2021-03-07_141638.png

Screenshot_2021-03-07_141700.png

The shots look really nice. Your progress looks good.

I'd say keep the dust. That might be a very neat effect, especially considering how large the engine is. Just my 2 cents.

Gary --

Your eyes must be better than mine. I don't see no dust. Don't see no difference in the steam effects neither.

Phil

UPDATE FOR MARCH 2021

Hello everyone!

While being a little bit late for this update I have finished off the smoke with new textures. Added bonus is through some very helpful friends sounds of these giants at speed ha been acquired. Enginesound will be underway soon thanks to this. The enginspec will take a little bit of time to complete somewhat in part to continuous testing. Textures have not and most likely will not be done for a somewhat long stretch of time. Some of the reason for that is getting the go ahead from Shane that I can modify the mesh in blender. During that process ARN, updated piping, fixed mapping, tbumpenv/tbumptex, reanimation, new controllable animated parts, ect. will be added onto the model.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Smoke for the new engine

Here is progress as of the moment with the smoke. It has been almost completely finished new as i keep going back and tweaking it all the time. Some smoke like the cylindercocks, whistle, safety, and generator all need to be upgraded to my current standard but thats a little down the road. If you have any thing you think would make it better or a change please tell below and freely discuss amongst everyone below what you think would be the best option.

Screenshot_302.png

Screenshot_303.png

Screenshot_304.png

Screenshot_306.png

Screenshot_307.png

Screenshot_308.png

Screenshot_309.png

Screenshot_310.png

What engine sounds do you currently have on the 9000 class? I'd probably suggest the three cylinder sounds by trw1089 if you don't have them on there already. P-dehnert made an alternative version that maintains the pitch of the enginesound audio if your e-spec causes it to change.

Back