Good news for lovers of the UP 9000 class!

Hi Beau --

Go to youtube. Search with "The Brougham Gamer". The link to his discord site is:

https://discord.com/invite/HCPT9UD

You are required to register. I don't know what happens next because I have an inherit dislike of sites which require registration before I know what lies beyond.

Perhaps the more adventurous could report back here?

TheBroughamGamer --

How did you actually manage to contact The Cowboy? None of us have managed to do so, despite repeated attempts by many individuals over several years.

And what exactly was his response to you? I assume it was by email. Could you please copy and paste his reply here? It would certainly be appreciated and would lay to rest some concerns that many of us have about this project.

Phil

Discord is a pretty safe site that is used by gamers all the time. I only put that if anyone wanted to join at all.

In response to how I contacted him it was the last place I anticipated it to work. I used the contact email listed inside the 9000 engine config.

I'll copy past his reply here in a moment

"Wow. I amazed you could find a way to contact me.

I did put a lot of time into building those locos and I was proud of them. So yes you have my permission to upgrade them. Send me some screenshots. I keep thinking about updating my version of Trainz and messing with it again but alas life is busy and I just don't have time.

Shane Permann"

That is copied directly from his email back to me.
I've sent him some shots and more questions but he hasn't got back to me since the weekend so that might be the only time he's able to talk?
I hope he just gets back soon again since there's still a few things that need his understanding.

Okay so are you releasing these locomotives?
and where are you releasing them if you are?

They will go on the site I'm with. It's called the huntington shops but finding it can be hard. It can be easily found through the description of our sites yt channel. Which is called huntington_productions.
Here is the link if you would like to check out our current stuff https://robloxrailfanner.wixsite.com/thehuntingtonshops

whats the status on this project ?

First engine is getting revamped because I've improved considerably since beginning the project. Smoke effects for the whole engine are underway and sounds have been sorted for it aswell. A much better espec is also under way. I have planed to have the whole thing finished for Christmas 2020. Atm I'm working to figure out what makes the best looking rivets on tga texture files.
I have 3 versions that all look ok and am working on tandem with friends on discord to get it all tested in tane and 19 as well as for opinions on certain things (like the rivets)

This is great news to hear from " TheBroughamGamer"

WOW what a nice surprise to read about tonight..........The sound and sight of pure raw power................:p

Hmmm....Xmas would be really special if the 9000's could come out to play.........:cool:

Just remember we do have rivet counters on the forum.
Good luck with your project.

20201001.jpg

:hehe:

can't wait for it to release.
It is going well. Screenshots would be posted but I don't know how to do it through here. The Engines were supposed to be out for Christmas but my other project the EBT 12-18 took stage thanks to them going back into operation. For you to see progress of them and be notified of their release you can check my channel under the same name as my trainz account and the website that I am part of which they will be hosted on.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

... but my other project the EBT 12-18 took stage thanks to them going back into operation.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

EBT 12 - 18. Now I'm interested. Shane's UP 9000s are great. I have the originals and both updates. The sounds were never right-on for these massive 3 cylinder locos. It was impossible to get it correct in Trainz back when they were built. But with the new sounds system in 09 it was possible to do a good job getting 6 cuffs at low speeds and if you can find some decent 3 cylinder sound files to work with for the rest of the speed range. I have my own especs for them but I rarely have a chance to run any UP stuff. I prefer the Appalachian coal haulers on the east coast and that's what I spend my time on.

Ben Neal's No 17 is the only EBT Mikado in Trainz that I know of. The 2 other classes aren't represented at all. Ben's was decked out for the tourist era. Several repaints of 17 were done by others to get Nos 16, 17 and 18. I did my own for the 1920 -30s era that I'm modeling. He was going to do a model of No 12 but never got to it.

Are these going to be new models for No 12, smallest of their 2-8-2s, and the intermediate sized Nos 14 & 15?

Good luck on this project and thanks for the heads up.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
possibly for the future

EBT 12 - 18. Now I'm interested. Shane's UP 9000s are great. I have the originals and both updates. The sounds were never right-on for these massive 3 cylinder locos. It was impossible to get it correct in Trainz back when they were built. But with the new sounds system in 09 it was possible to do a good job getting 6 cuffs at low speeds and if you can find some decent 3 cylinder sound files to work with for the rest of the speed range. I have my own especs for them but I rarely have a chance to run any UP stuff. I prefer the Appalachian coal haulers on the east coast and that's what I spend my time on.

Ben Neal's No 17 is the only EBT Mikado in Trainz that I know of. The 2 other classes aren't represented at all. Ben's was decked out for the tourist era. Several repaints of 17 were done by others to get Nos 16, 17 and 18. I did my own for the 1920 -30s era that I'm modeling. He was going to do a model of No 12 but never got to it.

Are these going to be new models for No 12, smallest of their 2-8-2s, and the intermediate sized Nos 14 & 15?

Good luck on this project and thanks for the heads up.

Bob Pearson
I am learning modeling so that might be a thing in the future, however for the moment all of them are based off of the 17 model from Neal. I have received his permission for it so that area is in the clear. Currently the engine sound, spec, and textures are all complete except for the tourist clean version which I am reworking. Apart from 16 and 18 which were only in service the other numbers are going to have three versions (in service, tourist weathered, and tourist clean)
Trying to find good whistle and bell sounds for each of the individual locomotives has been a very hard thing to get so that is the only thing holding it back currently.
I'm still trying to get it out for Christmas though. My newest video on my YouTube channel (The Brougham Gamer) shows my progress of them at that time.

I have got a good link from Sabastian7 that has good slow sounds for the up 9000 class. if i cant use those ill repurpose the ones from TheCowboy using as you stated the new trainz engine sound system.

This information can probably be put out now as he never got back to me on it. During our conversation TheCowboy mentioned that he was thinking of sending me his FEF class and the unfinished cab forward. It is my guess he changed his mind as he never got back to me on it. Would have been nice though as they were never released. According to him the FEF was completely finished.

Thank you all for your patience on this project. I am trying my best to make it not only my best work yet but the highest quality that I can possibly do without breaking the mesh.

with kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Fantastic if true, but it all seems fishy to me.

You know how to edit and reskin 3d models, but do not know how to post a screenshot.

all the best

Axe

well how i s this project going? do you have a release date yet?

Release is planed for 2021. I don't know exactly when as I'm reworking the textures since I've improved substantially from when I started doing this. If all goes well and school doesn't take to much of my time it will be out possibly for February?
A promo will be linked here to my channel when it is complete

Fantastic if true, but it all seems fishy to me.

You know how to edit and reskin 3d models, but do not know how to post a screenshot.

all the best

Axe

Trainz forums requires imigur or something like that to post pics and I have never done it before. I assure you that this is not a fake, my respect for TheCowboy is quite high and doing a dishonesty as high as this I wouldn't like myself. If you would like pictures of the progress then feel free to pm me and I can get into touch with you through something like discord and Gmail so that I can just send a pic without the extra steps.

With non-fake regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Back