Good news for lovers of the UP 9000 class!

After a long time of trying I finally managed to contact The Cowboy and ask him about his 9000 class models.

He's graciously given me permission to update and release them for newer versions of trainz!

I'm underway at the moment with them and will hopefully have them done somewhat soon.

My only problem is with the tfx files in the smoke containers? I have no idea about those so any incite from trainzers would be amazing. I'll give credit for the help in the release.

With much thanks,
The Brougham Gamer

TBG --

Excellent news.

I saw your post on my youtube video. My suggestion is to release the locomotives pretty much "as is" and let the user fiddle with smoke and steam effects.

Phil

Awesome news. I did a reskin/rework of the 9000s awhile ago, with new redrawn textures, smoke effects, ARN, etc. Might I ask what email did you use to contact him? I tried emailing him awhile ago to see about getting permission to share the models but I never got a response. I would love to reach out again and see about hosting my skins on Trainz Forge.

AizPAE2.jpg

Awesome news. I did a reskin/rework of the 9000s awhile ago, with new redrawn textures, smoke effects, ARN, etc. Might I ask what email did you use to contact him? I tried emailing him awhile ago to see about getting permission to share the models but I never got a response. I would love to reach out again and see about hosting my skins on Trainz Forge.

AizPAE2.jpg

Awesome work there! Looks incredible!
I'm hoping to have my own versions done in the next few days for tane and ts19 variants. The smoke containers will be my last change on top of custom engine sound engine spec and textures

Last edited:
TBG --

Excellent news.

I saw your post on my youtube video. My suggestion is to release the locomotives pretty much "as is" and let the user fiddle with smoke and steam effects.

Phil
That was something I plan to do some. At the minimum I'm going to update the smoke textures and maybe redo the stack since it's a little funky.

For the one or two individuals wot aint seen the video of The Cowboy's 9000-class, it be here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVLIqsig0o&t

It shows two versions -- the first with the conjugated valve gear for the middle cylinder, the second with the double Walschearts on the right hand side.

I dunno how Shane managed to do it, but the animations are outstanding.

Phil

For the one or two individuals wot aint seen the video of The Cowboy's 9000-class, it be here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVLIqsig0o&t

It shows two versions -- the first with the conjugated valve gear for the middle cylinder, the second with the double Walschearts on the right hand side.

I dunno how Shane managed to do it, but the animations are outstanding.

Phil

When I was in the process of texturing I even noticed he animated the air compressors on the front!
I don't know if many people that go that far into modeling other then k&l

I have had the original 9000s for many years and they run in Tane with no problems.
Cheers,
Mike
Yes, that is true. However the textures are in need of updating. That and new sound, smoke, and specs are all things I'm doing on it.
I've tried to upload a picture here but don't know how to.

Whats the status of this project?
Because I do not have ts19 it has been slowed some as I have to send it back and forth to my modeling friends who have it in order to see whats wrong with it and fix it up for that. However the first of four is complete and will have dark smoke in 19 instead of white or grey. I would post pictures but don't know how through the forum
regards,
The Brougham Gamer

Thank you for your reply looking forward to seeing these on the dls. will you be releasing them as you finish them?

Thank you for your reply looking forward to seeing these on the dls. will you be releasing them as you finish them?
well I got the permission to release them onto the site that I'm part of so it won't be on the dls. While that may not be the preference of some it will save a lot of time for those that don't have tickets. Now I still have to get back with him on the details of some things as he is still thinking aboutt some of the things he wants done with them. So in the end these might definitely go on the dls in the end.
If you'd like to watch progress on them I post it on our sites discord server. Link for joining is in the description of my vids. My yt channel is the same name as my trainz just with spaces.

name

well I got the permission to release them onto the site that I'm part of so it won't be on the dls. While that may not be the preference of some it will save a lot of time for those that don't have tickets. Now I still have to get back with him on the details of some things as he is still thinking aboutt some of the things he wants done with them. So in the end these might definitely go on the dls in the end.
If you'd like to watch progress on them I post it on our sites discord server. Link for joining is in the description of my vids. My yt channel is the same name as my trainz just with spaces.
What's the name of the site your with?

Hi Beau --

Go to youtube. Search with "The Brougham Gamer". The link to his discord site is:

https://discord.com/invite/HCPT9UD

You are required to register. I don't know what happens next because I have an inherit dislike of sites which require registration before I know what lies beyond.

Perhaps the more adventurous could report back here?

TheBroughamGamer --

How did you actually manage to contact The Cowboy? None of us have managed to do so, despite repeated attempts by many individuals over several years.

And what exactly was his response to you? I assume it was by email. Could you please copy and paste his reply here? It would certainly be appreciated and would lay to rest some concerns that many of us have about this project.

Phil

Last edited:
Back