Good news for lovers of the UP 9000 class!

It will have authentic 9000 class esounds

What engine sounds do you currently have on the 9000 class? I'd probably suggest the three cylinder sounds by trw1089 if you don't have them on there already. P-dehnert made an alternative version that maintains the pitch of the enginesound audio if your e-spec causes it to change.

Actually that is to some of my friends I have audio recorded from the actual 900s at slow and fast speeds including the idle sounds, stack hiss, compressors, injectors, whistle, and bell. So you will receive authentic 9000 class sounds with the engine on release!

Awesome! That's even better. I actually put the three cylinder sounds on the 4-10-2s from Jointed Rail. To be honest, it sometimes sounds jarring to hear the sounds of the Flying Scotsman on a massive freight steamer even though pack is the most accurate onw currently available as both the 4-10-2s and 4-12-2s I think use the Gresley three cylinder setup.

wcspgj

as both the 4-10-2s and 4-12-2s I think use the Gresley three cylinder setup.

I can confirm at least that the 9000 class does use the Gresley Valve Gear. Some of them (like the 9014) were converted to double walsherts valve gear where the engineer side had a double connection for the eccentrics where the outside one went to the engineer side piston and the one next to the main rod connected to a lever like system similar to Stevenson into the middle piston.
That was applied to a few of the 9000s.

As far as I know the SPs used the Gresley but I'm not sure for them. A quick look through on steamlocomotives.com will more then likely give you the answer you are looking for.

And the work goes on

Work is still under way. My skills have drastically improved since the beginning of the project so it has been on hold for me to do the absolute best I can with it. As it stands all the previously mentioned features are still in the works and a few more might be around but that is to be determined.

Given a little more time the models should be given adequate updating to keep them in the running for more years to come.

Even if some newer model comes out I will still release these as a preservation / renovation of trainz history. I'm sure it would still be appreciated by those who remember them from a long time ago.

Two separate versions will be made for backwards compatibility so a set for > T:ANE sp3 with tbumpenv and fbx then a set for > Trs19 with PBR and fbx. If anyone is still running older then T:ANE the build number will be set to 4.2 and use the newly implemented features of it, so it would not be compatible. Yet, if there are enough of y'all still kicking it with 12 and older I might do it for that aswell.

With kind regards,
Brougham

Work is still under way. My skills have drastically improved since the beginning of the project so it has been on hold for me to do the absolute best I can with it. As it stands all the previously mentioned features are still in the works and a few more might be around but that is to be determined.

Given a little more time the models should be given adequate updating to keep them in the running for more years to come.

Even if some newer model comes out I will still release these as a preservation / renovation of trainz history. I'm sure it would still be appreciated by those who remember them from a long time ago.

Two separate versions will be made for backwards compatibility so a set for > T:ANE sp3 with tbumpenv and fbx then a set for > Trs19 with PBR and fbx. If anyone is still running older then T:ANE the build number will be set to 4.2 and use the newly implemented features of it, so it would not be compatible. Yet, if there are enough of y'all still kicking it with 12 and older I might do it for that aswell.

With kind regards,
Brougham

Keep it up my good man... I'll be awaiting for it with open arms!

Wow this is very interesting. I've searched far and wide for a UP 9000 class, but to no avail except for sketchy sites and links I dodged like the plague. Two Questions for the Creator:

-Will this work for Trainz: A New Era SP4? (TANE: SP4)
-Could it have automatic road numbers? (Road Numbers you can change)

Wow this is very interesting. I've searched far and wide for a UP 9000 class, but to no avail except for sketchy sites and links I dodged like the plague. Two Questions for the Creator:

-Will this work for Trainz: A New Era SP4? (TANE: SP4)
-Could it have automatic road numbers? (Road Numbers you can change)
everyone can relate doing that at one point :hehe:

In the mean time to wait for the creator to add whatever he needs to his UP 9000, do you guys believe this is a safe method from this video? The link is down in the description of the video to where the guy got it from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnKS2ao6dS4

Download Page [Adf.ly link]: http://kimechanic.com/14603811/up-9000***NOTE: Included in the video the installation guide***Consist components [Original Names]:- Loco: UP 9000 Locomotive (kuid:79097:9000:1)- Tender: UP 9000 Tender (kuid:79097:9001:1)

According to the people posting, the site has been gone for four years or more. Someone said to try the wayback machine, but when I tried that independently I did not find anything.

According to the people posting, the site has been gone for four years or more. Someone said to try the wayback machine, but when I tried that independently I did not find anything.

Using the WayBack Machine, I found out TheCowboy was going to sell four road numbers of the UP 9000, the prototype (No. #9000), #9014 ("Bald-Faced Nine"), #9021, & #9087, $6.00 for one, and $18.00 for all four.

I hope this doesn't make me weird, but I really like when engines can have their road number switched around, so this became a bummer for me. As a fictional scenario, let's say I only had enough money ($6.00) to buy one UP 9000 from TheCowboy, and I decide to buy #9000. I want to have a double-header with two UP 9000s, but I have two "Clones" if you will.

So yeah, I guess I'll just have to wait for this creator to finish, I'm fingers crossed it's both for Trainz: A New Era SP4 and has automatic/changeable running numbers.

Hey there, I know this is off-topic but... How can I post new threads for Trainz Forum? I do have an account, but it says I do not have permission to start new threads.

I've got the cowboys original 9000s that i bought from his site years and years ago. I should see if they still work.

I've got the cowboys original 9000s that i bought from his site years and years ago. I should see if they still work.
I still have mine. They work for me except for the sound and the smoke. The models were well done and still hold up nicely.

Back