Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Good news for lovers of the UP 9000 class!

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

I'd say weathered versions would be greatly appreciated.

ARN with random weathering might be the way to go, although I have no idea how complicated that makes things.

The screenshots from January 7 look very nice!

I agree weathering and arn if possible if not then engine numbers with different levels of weathering

ARN all the way, only having 4 numbers to work with on the original models is really restrictive.

Blog Entries

ARN and weathering are always my first "go to" when picking a loco.
    Chris

Are PBR textures possible?

Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
    Are PBR textures possible?
    I want these to be backwards compatible so they will be using .tga files. While pbr can look good when done correctly it can also be screwed up quite spectacularly. In any case as a fill in for those that want arn I would love to do that however it would require Shanes permission for it. I am not sure if he would accept me doing that or not. So it is in the background for now.

Post Progress as of yet.

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting as I have been quite busy with things. The restart on the textures and smoke effects has been started. I didn't like the way the first go through was looking so I have started from the ground up. Currently all the smoke is done on the model as of yet.

A new question for those of the community needs to be asked now however. Just like my previous options questions there is a interesting smoke feature on this engine where it will be fine to kick up dust when the engine gets past 40 mph. I have kept and updated the feature on my current smoke edits but what would everyone line there. Should the dust effect stay or should it go?

Picture of the smoke compairison below. Top image is the original. Bottom two images are the new. All of the new smoke has been given a wind effect so the environment will affect how it looks more for a realistic appearance. I'll post another update soon as it keeps going along.

Thanks to Beau (one of my beta testers) for the great shots of the current progress!

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

The shots look really nice. Your progress looks good.

I'd say keep the dust. That might be a very neat effect, especially considering how large the engine is. Just my 2 cents.

Gary --

Your eyes must be better than mine. I don't see no dust. Don't see no difference in the steam effects neither.

Phil

Post UPDATE FOR MARCH 2021

Hello everyone!

While being a little bit late for this update I have finished off the smoke with new textures. Added bonus is through some very helpful friends sounds of these giants at speed ha been acquired. Enginesound will be underway soon thanks to this. The enginspec will take a little bit of time to complete somewhat in part to continuous testing. Textures have not and most likely will not be done for a somewhat long stretch of time. Some of the reason for that is getting the go ahead from Shane that I can modify the mesh in blender. During that process ARN, updated piping, fixed mapping, tbumpenv/tbumptex, reanimation, new controllable animated parts, ect. will be added onto the model.

With kind regards,
    The Brougham Gamer

Default smoke of the old engine

these are pictures of the smoke on the old engine for comparison

Default Smoke for the new engine

Here is progress as of the moment with the smoke. It has been almost completely finished new as i keep going back and tweaking it all the time. Some smoke like the cylindercocks, whistle, safety, and generator all need to be upgraded to my current standard but thats a little down the road. If you have any thing you think would make it better or a change please tell below and freely discuss amongst everyone below what you think would be the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Gary --

Your eyes must be better than mine. I don't see no dust. Don't see no difference in the steam effects neither.

Phil
    hopefully these new images will help in spotting the dust and the smoke changes. My apologies for not giving a better look till now

Blog Entries

What engine sounds do you currently have on the 9000 class? I'd probably suggest the three cylinder sounds by trw1089 if you don't have them on there already. P-dehnert made an alternative version that maintains the pitch of the enginesound audio if your e-spec causes it to change.

What a massive loco. The pictures look gorgeous. Very nice work!
    Dave