Add Random Scenery Tool not adding scenery to route

pware

Trainz Veteran
TRS19 PE SP2 beta (109037).

I have never used this tool before - why I do not know as I have just discovered it and it is so useful (I am a slow learner).

I have found that when you use the tool with the route-layer selected as the active layer and change nothing else (i.e. do not add, alter or delete any other assets) then when you save the option you get is to save the session, not the route.

The work-around is to make sure that you modify some other aspect of the route (e.g. add a tree) to ensure that when you save you will get the save route option. When this is done the randomly added scenery will be added to the active layer.

Bug report submitted.

Last edited:
It is a subset of existing assets. It works in a similar way to the Bulk Update/Replace tool. You drag the asset or assets you want to randomly add into a window in the tool. Then selected an area, the current baseboard or the entire layout. Press the Begin button and watch the nominated assets being added. You stop the process by pressing the Stop button.

That part works extremely well. If you had selected the current baseboard as the target area then simply right mouse clicking on another baseboard will make that the current baseboard and the assets will be added there.

N3V QA have got back to me. They have acknowledged that there is a bug and a task has been raised.

Back