Should I do this or should I not do this?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
So euphod made the 'Landing Strip Club -w- Nightmode' and 'Landing Strip Club Sign', which I put on the outskirts of one of the larger towns on a route I made. Now I was looking for a limo to park out front for the pimp to ride in, and I noticed that there was a presidential limo made by giluk28 on the DLS. This is when an idea came into my head: Put the presidential limo behind the Strip Club, in a separate layer so that it can appear or disappear depending on whether you like the President or not. I don't know if I should do that or not, so I'm asking the community if I should do it or not. So, shall I add the Presidential Limo behind the Strip Club or not? Please note that this route will eventually be released, so I don't want to offend people when it gets released.

Well, you will now make 50% of the US people mad no matter what you do next now that you said it.

For me, I think its a super idea, I will definitely download it once it's available... Can't wait (tm)

It's one of several 'Easter Eggs' I plan on adding to the route, both for humor, and pop culture references.

I think the answer depends on time setting. ie: Who is in office during your time period? And it really depends on what the meaning of is is. :)

I say do it and anyone who doesn't like it can delete it. People get upset at the slightest things nowadays. We need to have a better sense of humor. I think it is a great idea!

I think the answer depends on time setting. ie: Who is in office during your time period? And it really depends on what the meaning of is is. :)

Present day. Need I say more? How about a hint: His Secret Service Codename is "Mogul".

Update - Three Years Later

So Trump is running for President, again. If he becomes President, I'm putting the Presidential Limo back behind the strip club in an update of my Atlantic Coast Railway TRS22. If he doesn't become President, I'm not putting the Presidental Limo behind the strip club.

I did some politically themed screen shots with some content I made back in 2008 that got deleted from the thread, which was just meant to amuse and not be taken seriously.
Some people got very offended and I was told to stop. I did. I learned my lesson and haven't done it since. Political cheap shots coming from the media are worse now than ever and I don't want to see it here on this forum.

Last edited:
I did some politically themed screen shots with some content I made back in 2008 that got deleted from the thread, which was just meant to amuse and not be taken seriously.
Some people got very offended and I was told to stop. I did. I learned my lesson and haven't done it since. Political cheap shots coming from the media are worse now than ever and I don't want to see it here on this forum.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I left for Orlando for a vacation the day you posted this, and I just returned last night (February 21st). Like your screenshots in 2008, I just wanted to amuse my fellow community members and it shouldn't be taken seriously. Why else is there a whole category of humor called political satire?

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I left for Orlando for a vacation the day you posted this, and I just returned last night (February 21st). Like your screenshots in 2008, I just wanted to amuse my fellow community members and it shouldn't be taken seriously. Why else is there a whole category of humor called political satire?

Yeah, I get it. Just having a little fun with politics and screenshots was my thinking back in 2008. Here I thought I was being funny and creative, Ed " Euphod" and I would egg each other on and had some good laughs.....BUT there were some members at the time that completely flipped out after I started posting the screenshots. Some of these were people I normally got along with, complimented each other's work and helped each other out. Maybe they're still around now and then, I don't know.

I guess I was naive in '08 , but I didn't think it would be taken so badly. My screen shots were deleted and I was told by a moderator to avoid politics completely. Since then, from time to time, over the years, somebody will post a political cheap shot and not even get called out on it. Believe me, I was tempted to not let it slide, but I did. If it continued, though, I'd probably have a weak moment and confront it, although for the good of the forum and to follow the rules, I really shouldn't.

I think since 2008, people in general are even less tolerant now. Today's politics in the US are dividing families, friendships , working relationships etc more than it ever has and the media, whether it is local news or cable is helping to perpetuate division.
I'm to the point now where I've had it with the so called "news" and avoid watching. It's too chaotic and depressing. When I'm on the Trains forums these days, I don't want to see anything having to do with politics or politicians. I'm not as tolerant as I used to be either.

I understand now, that bringing up politics can turn this forum into a war zone in a heartbeat...even when meant to be just political satire.

Hope you had a good time in Orlando. Looks like you had some decent weather down there.

I do plan on putting the limo in its own separate layer, so that, with the Unified Driver-Surveyor, someone can go into Surveyor, turn the layer the limo is in off, therefore make it disappear, and go back into Driver and continue driving the train.

You should have just dropped the limo back there and never said a word.

I think its a fun idea regardless of politics.

Like the well worn trope of making a little scene of someone getting pulled over and ticketed somewhere. Or any of a dozen other Easter egg like things.

More pratically, I don't see how someone could turn the layer on and off without editing the route tho.

I think it would be great to have the limo back there with a couple of black suburbans and Secret Service type guys with sunglasses waiting outside. :D

Like the well worn trope of making a little scene of someone getting pulled over and ticketed somewhere. Or any of a dozen other Easter egg like things.

Actually, I have a similar scene like that on another of my routes, a classic car being pulled over by a police car, but it's not to get a ticket, but because the police officer had the same model classic car when he was younger, and he had to sell it.

I agree that if you want to do it, just do it.......but don't talk about here or even bring it up. One spark can set off a whole warehouse of fireworks.

I agree that if you want to do it, just do it.......but don't talk about here or even bring it up. One spark can set off a whole warehouse of fireworks.

See, that was my problem, I wasn't sure when I first started this thread three years ago. I took to the forums to get some feedback on my idea to see if I should do it or not. Some people said yes, some said no. I wanted to do it, but I was also concerned about offending members of the Forums.

Back