Want Light Colored Mill.

boleyd

Does any one know of an asset for a steel mill that looks like this. There are some but they are brown.

This is just one of the mills that helped to win World War-II with 24hr, 3 shift, no holidays, no vacation war effort.
Located in Braddock Pa., suburb of Pittsburgh, Pa. :Y:

Steel-Mill.jpg
[/IMG]

I just took the back roads through Western PA a few days ago, and up to Warren...over to Bradford. Great railroad country and atmosphere with awesome structures. Lots of oil refineries of course. Good luck with your route. I'm trying to capture similar scenery for my route up in Central New York.

Last edited:
Just a hint, since I live in that area, use the Ultra trees. Their vegetation is dense and the color is very close to what is outside my window. LOD is and issue since cloe in the trees look correct. But at a distance the LOD makes the light colored and bright. However, vistas where this is noticeable, is rare rare in this area since you are almost always below nearby trees. Flat in Western and Central PA is not normal. Harrisburg and East is flat.

The first oil well was near Titusville. Centralia, in the sae area has an underground coal fire that has been burning for decades. The town of Centralia
had to be moved since the gasses were making the people sick. While hilly in that area the hills are moderate. Take a street tour on Google. "Drive" the streets of towns in that region. Outstanding preservation of houses that have been around for long time. Very well maintained. Real Americana of the early 1900's.

Thanks, I'll look into the ultra trees.
You're so right about the great homes and well maintained properties. How about those roller coaster roads going through the hills ! Nice going through Allegany State Park too. REAL America is exactly what I was seeing and feeling. Always good to see the horses and buggies and a few blacksmith shops still operating.

Indeed those folk live by common sense and not fear. Fear breeds Prejudice. I bet there are some
abandoned railways in that area. Oil and coal needed transport.

There is a route called American Mountains that is loosely based on that area.

Last edited:
Back