Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trainz on ARM64

Quote Originally Posted by capdiamont View Post
    You have missed my point entirely. Again you like to jump down the throat of anyone who simply try to enjoy what they have. This is not excusing flaws, just simply not needing to whine about the flaws in every forum and thread. Why can’t you get that point???? I have life to live, and acting bitter about the flaws does nothing good. It is simply a waste of everyone’s time to whine about the history of every flaw. List one time I posted anything glowing about Apple. The answer is you can’t, yet get this stupid idea I’m a fanboy. You don’t know jack about me and ignored what I have said. Over and over I have said I just wish to enjoy myself and I have been in tech in tech for decades.
    Hmmm, well actually you told a number of ex apple users to stop posting negatives about apple on the mac thread and came across as something of a zealot , this wasnt the only post on that thread where you told them to go away if they couldn't say anything positive.
    June 28th, 2020, 01:16 AM #11

capdiamont

This thread isn’t a contest. My faith has always been in their programmers. Why is it we can’t have a thread in the Mac forums without you Windows people taking pot shots?! If you cannot say something nice or on topic then stay out.

Last edited by capdiamont; June 28th, 2020 at 01:19 AM. " not a fanboy ?
    Nobody is forcing you to comment here, why not just ignore my posts if they offend you ? , put me on your ignore list then you won't have to read my complaints.....I'm a long term apple user , does that mean that I don't have the right to moan about their stupid decisions ?
    if you aren't an apple fan, well you certainly don't come over as that, you defend apple despite their faults , I listed a number of them and you tore into me for doing so, why can't you acknowledge at least some of them ? The constant changes they make obsolete computers and wreck decisions made by individuals and businesses and there are many instances of loyal customers who feel utterly betrayed by them. Can you name me one other computer company who has changed processors three times ..... it was necessary the first time, but not now , intel is perfectly acceptable as a cpu .
    I've gone from power pc, to intel and now will have to consider transitioning to arm, they have obsoleted my $4000 ( in 2006 dollars ) g5, my $1500 copy of Final Cut Studio, masses of power pc software , adobe cs5 suite and now all my cheese grater Mac pros, am I supposed to be happy about that ? If I had purchased windows machines practically all of their equivalent items could still be used , no wonder I'm fed up with apple.

it's strange that after all that I still prefer to use a Mac, but will I be doing so in 5 years into the future ? , I very much doubt it , not whilst they see computers as a side line and spend most of their time developing their iOS toys. Now , why don't you just put me on your ignore list and you can go on enjoying your life without having to put up with the unbearable burden of my criticising your fave company and I can wallow in my misery
    Last edited by dangavel; October 10th, 2020 at 10:15 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Still didn’t get the point. Why do I have acknowledge any flaws, when you ignore what is did post? I agreed Apple should have Nvidia drivers, since they allow eGPUs. Why is it wrong to have a thread without the whining? Apple isn’t here. What is the point?

I run beta versions of iOS on my driver iPhone. I have old stuff. I have seen many problems. I also seen Apple reach back to me on the flaws I’ve reported in the Feedback app to fix problems many times. Apple is listening to users. Apple is catering to most of the users. Apple does have a bug bounty. Upgradable computers just are not what most users care about. I’ve never upgraded my Mac Mini. At some point I will pull it apart and replace the hard drive.

I put my complaints in the Apple websites and the Feedback app.
    Last edited by capdiamont; October 11th, 2020 at 07:59 PM.
    Trainz 2019 Big Sur. M1 Macs
    2014 Mac Mini 8gb ram, Intel 1536MB
    2014 Air 8gb memory, Intel 1536MB
    T Driver 2 iPhone SE2 iOS14

For the love of God, stop arguing. This thread is not to talk about whether or not Macs are good. I'm a Mac user, and I'll say this right now - they're okay. This thread was to talk about what exactly? Hmm... Oh yeah, Trainz on ARM64 architecture. This is a forum to talk about Trainz, not for people to bicker about a computer line. Stop arguing. Put each other on ignore, don't read the other's posts, and move on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by SRKing783 View Post
    For the love of God, stop arguing. This thread is not to talk about whether or not Macs are good. I'm a Mac user, and I'll say this right now - they're okay. This thread was to talk about what exactly? Hmm... Oh yeah, Trainz on ARM64 architecture. This is a forum to talk about Trainz, not for people to bicker about a computer line. Stop arguing. Put each other on ignore, don't read the other's posts, and move on with life.
    Well in the short term ARM will mostly affect Mac users on trainz , so that why I brought it up, since we still have no idea of how the Nividia features in 2019 which mac users cant access will be affected in a move to arm it is a pertinent point. Since nvidia are buying arm it may well affect the future implementation of the platform in relation to the game, use of MORE nvidia features in trainz which apple will not implement due to their spat with the company might be an important factor in future. I'd like to know if my current machine will be able to use trainz 2020 or if i have to move to Pc , thus apples actions are very important to me as it may well cost me more in the near future to keep playing this game .
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Quote Originally Posted by capdiamont View Post
    Still didn’t get the point. Why do I have acknowledge any flaws, when you ignore what is did post? I agreed Apple should have Nvidia drivers, since they allow eGPUs. Why is it wrong to have a thread without the whining? Apple isn’t here. What is the point?

I run beta versions of iOS on my driver iPhone. I have old stuff. I have seen many problems. I also seen Apple reach back to me on the flaws I’ve reported in the Feedback app to fix problems many times. Apple is listening to users. Apple is catering to most of the users. Apple does have a bug bounty. Upgradable computers just are not what most users care about. I’ve never upgraded my Mac Mini. At some point I will pull it apart and replace the hard drive.

I put my complaints in the Apple websites and the Feedback app.
    Well that's great for you, you are free to do whatever you want .However I wish to comment about my negative experiences with the mac and I wish to do it here because apple are implementing ARM and their obstructive and walled garden policies affect my user of Trainz and in relation to pro apps , many other mac users. , I don't care what you think, but I do resent you telling me what to post here, if my equipment and needs differ from yours that's just too bad.

You have a history of telling other people here what they should or should not post , just because you don't want to hear negatives about apple .
    You don't have the right to do that , as I said, ignore me if you don't want to hear what I have to say , but as long as I hold to the list rules, I will continue to express my opinion and back it up from personal experience if I think it pertinent..

Please don't make me ignore you both, that wouldn't leave many macOS users for me to communicate with

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    Well that's great for you, you are free to do whatever you want .However I wish to comment about my negative experiences with the mac and I wish to do it here because apple are implementing ARM and their obstructive and walled garden policies affect my user of Trainz and in relation to pro apps , many other mac users. , I don't care what you think, but I do resent you telling me what to post here, if my equipment and needs differ from yours that's just too bad.

You have a history of telling other people here what they should or should not post , just because you don't want to hear negatives about apple .
    You don't have the right to do that , as I said, ignore me if you don't want to hear what I have to say , but as long as I hold to the list rules, I will continue to express my opinion and back it up from personal experience if I think it pertinent..
    One thread, which I created, gives me a history? It was asking, not telling. Ok whatever.

You have yet to understand my viewpoint. You see things as a negative. I see things as positive. Apple move to ARM will be opening up development on the Mac. More developers are experienced with iOS CPU and GPU than Mac programming. Xcode, which is free allows native development on all Apple platforms, except HomePod. Further there is already ARM versions of Trainz, because they are on iOS. Those iOS versions can directly work on the Apple Silicon/ARM Macs as they use the same CPU and GPU family. With some work, those iOS versions, or the Mac versions can be coded to work nicely on both iOS and Mac. Instead of one software for Mac and one for iOS, total development time can be cut down. They are already working on Trainz Driver 3 for iOS. iOS versions use Metal.
    Last edited by capdiamont; October 12th, 2020 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    Please don't make me ignore you both, that wouldn't leave many macOS users for me to communicate with
    Honestly, I'm gonna say the same. This was meant to be a peaceful thread, and half of it is filled with arguing. Dangavel, talking about your struggles with Macs is technically on topic, as the future of both Macs and Trainz on macOS is (somewhat) at stake and is relevant to this thread. But I don't want to see anymore arguing.

Got it? Good.

And capdimont - no offense - but you kinda need to complain about something in Macs. Even the little things could be a big deal. I'm worried that as soon as Apple cuts production of Intel Macs, they just say, "Ok, no macOS 11.2 for Intel Macs." (Well, that would be dumb, but it is a decent worry.)

I'm sorry I'm being rude. I am a very nice person. But I want my thread (yes I am the original poster) be a peaceful thread.

Got it? Good.

Since nvidia are buying arm it may well affect the future implementation of the platform in relation to the game, use of MORE nvidia features in trainz which apple will not implement due to their spat with the company might be an important factor in future. I'd like to know if my current machine will be able to use trainz 2020 or if i have to move to Pc , thus apples actions are very important to me as it may well cost me more in the near future to keep playing this game .
    To clarify the TurfFx situation, I've looked up the software requirements, it requires DirectX 11 which Apple don't have, so short of Apple and Microsoft collaborating in some way, can't see that problem getting resolved any time soon.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by SRKing783 View Post
    And capdimont - no offense - but you kinda need to complain about something in Macs. Even the little things could be a big deal. I'm worried that as soon as Apple cuts production of Intel Macs, they just say, "Ok, no macOS 11.2 for Intel Macs." (Well, that would be dumb, but it is a decent worry.)

I'm sorry I'm being rude. I am a very nice person. But I want my thread (yes I am the original poster) be a peaceful thread.

Got it? Good.
    I do complain, I just don't see the point of it being everywhere. As my Dad would say, you can wish in one hand and take a dump in the other hand and see which fills up first. While Apple could cut off Intel Macs after everything has gone to Macs, I think that will generate too much ill will and likely class action lawsuits. I think a good seven years before they will get cut off from new OSs and that is based upon 2014 Macs getting Big Sur. To get TurfFx, they will have to figure out how it works, code around it while avoiding lawsuits for code and name. I would love to have it on par with PCs. I would love to have documentation on file formats so Mac utilities could be made without having to reverse engineer things. Displacement maps, while fun to play with, just is not as accurate. Xcode being free is great, however it is a larger file than the OS to download, and remains large, each time it is updated. I can fill pages of complaints about many tech items. I think Trainz on ARM Macs will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    To clarify the TurfFx situation, I've looked up the software requirements, it requires DirectX 11 which Apple don't have, so short of Apple and Microsoft collaborating in some way, can't see that problem getting resolved any time soon.
    Microsoft and their propriety formats eh?

Microsoft and their propriety formats eh?
    It's always been the game killer so far, in so many apps although I must admit I don't see any big difference in performance between my Mac and my pc when using Trainz although I have two very different computers for both.

NV3's decision to use turf FX in 2019 really made the Mac version of trainz second class in that respect , I don't know how they will ever manage to level the playing field in that regard, unless apple or some other developer came up with some similar sort of product , which doesn't seem very likely given how niche a market Mac trainz actually is .

It's always been the game killer so far, in so many apps although I must admit I don't see any big difference in performance between my Mac and my pc when using Trainz although I have two very different computers for both.

NV3's decision to use turf FX in 2019 really made the Mac version of trainz second class in that respect , I don't know how they will ever manage to level the playing field in that regard, unless apple or some other developer came up with some similar sort of product , which doesn't seem very likely given how niche a market Mac trainz actually is .
    Hmm it gets worse as Nvidia don't or rather can't support Metal which apparently for the ARM development will only work on Apples ARM systems with Apples Metal GPUs so looks like they will cut Nvidia and probably AMD completely out of the loop. Won't do a lot for the Hackintosh gang either. https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics...le-metal-gpus/
    Malc

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

You can talk to me about how our Amiga computers were 20 years ahead of the wankers at MS and Apple.

William