Sessions with AI traffic?

Ekaton

Are there any sessions, including for modded routes, that contain constant AI traffic? As in, there are portals that allow ships to spawn and leave and they move around the map. My ideal would be to be able to run trains between factories but still have to pay attention to signals and actually see other trains out there, no matter how long my session is.

Are there any sessions, including for modded routes, that contain constant AI traffic? As in, there are portals that allow ships to spawn and leave and they move around the map. My ideal would be to be able to run trains between factories but still have to pay attention to signals and actually see other trains out there, no matter how long my session is.

I made this route with a tour session that has the type of traffic you suggest without portals

<kuid:647907:101923> CDE Oil Refinery West <-- Route
<kuid:647907:101926> CDE Oil Refinery West Tour <-- Session

Also have a couple others, search CDE in your content manager, or visit CDETrainz.com

Also check out Port Zyd by philskene - Payware - It features a double main that loops around the route. Your duties are "local" and there is plenty to do but you must cross over the main at several points, giving the main line trains priority. Cement ties (sleepers) identify the main vs the local tracks.

Also check: "Sea Port/Industrial SP4" by lewiscc65 - Freeware from CM. From the description: It has a Basic session with 64 industries, 75 consists, 64 products and lot's of AI running. The AI trains do get stuck once in awhile, and they will eventually block each other but I just delete one and let the other go on. There is a large ship yard. An interesting route.

If using this in '19 be sure to reset Environment Lighting.

Last edited:
Why of course! I have on my route 14 things that continuously move on loops. I say things as they are trains, boats, airplanes (one of them a hydro) and even a horse carriage. Some of the loops perform complicated switching at end of runs to start all over again. It takes quite a bit to set it up, but once it works, you concentrate on running your manual trains against the ones on AI. Lot's of fun!

IntenCity
Krashnburne
Rivercide

The first two have AI traffic that moves both in the same direction as you and in the opposite direction. In the session you have to work from one yard to another and always have to take care with the AI.

The third is a longer route with AI traffic in one direction only.

In all three you can use the AI sessions I have uploaded as a basis for creating longer sessions.

There is a detailed description of the routes in my threads, for example:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...del-railroad-quot-The-IntenCity-Railroad-quot

Phil

Back