TRS19 Service Pack 2 Beta Available

Clam - which Dearnby route? <kuid:304444:100776> DEARNBY: 1960\'s UK Mainline and 2ft Narrow Gauge v1 is working without issue here.

Actually two of them both crashed when opening in surveyor.

<kuid:304444:101902> Dearnby & District : UK 1950's - 1960's Mainline, Branchline & Narrow Gauge v1
<kuid:304444:100776> DEARNBY: 1960's UK Mainline and 2ft Narrow Gauge v1

I'll try a database repair tomorrow and see if that sorts whatever it was out.

My own WIP route imported from 106618 was fine.

Updated - two new Mac patches available, and the SP1 patch is being tested and should be ready later today.

TRS19 owners:
PC - TRS19 SP1 105096 to TRS19 SP2 Beta 109037 - patch using TRS19 Beta stream (1.5 GB)
Mac - TRS19 SP1 105170 to TRS19 SP2 Beta 109162 - patch using TRS19 Beta stream (1.5 GB) - coming soon

TRS19 Platinum owners:
PC - TRS19 PE 105100 to TRS19 PE Beta 109037 - patch using TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta stream (1.5 GB)
Mac - TRS19 PE 105113 to TRS19 PE Beta 109162 - patch using TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta stream (1.5 GB)

Trainz Plus / Gold Class members:
PC - TRS19 PE 106618 to Trainz Plus Beta 109170 - patch using Trainz Plus Beta stream
Mac - Trainz Plus 105113 to Trainz Plus Beta 109162 - patch using Trainz Plus Beta stream

Last edited:
Would be ok if I didn't get this error when trying to install the update:

Installation failed : Installation data checksum mismatch

Update operation then exits with nothing done.
Unfortunately this indicates the patcher is finding data it isn't expecting. If you have made any edits to the install folder, revert them. Otherwise you'll need to reinstall and patch up or wait for the new installer.

Updated - two new Mac patches available, and the SP1 patch is being tested and should be ready later today.

Trainz Plus / Gold Class members:
PC - TRS19 PE 106618 to Trainz Plus Beta 109037 - patch using Trainz Plus Beta stream
Mac - Trainz Plus 105113 to Trainz Plus Beta 109162 - patch using Trainz Plus Beta stream

Strange, as a Gold Member I am on build 109170.

Regards
Swordfish

Yes there was an extra update for Trainz Plus users including some new MPS fixes.

We've been unable to reproduce any crash issues reported in this thread so we'll need assistance in figuring out what's different. Last time in a similar situation we tracked things down to an obsolete library being installed, so investigating the dependencies would be a good place to start looking.

HPL - can you provide more info on you driver crashes - routes, sessions, when it crashes etc.

The routes were NS Sandusky District and two of Canadian Rocky Mountains, plus one or two I don't remember, home made simple quick drive sessions, random crashes while driving.

Driver mode / Session: home made quick drive session

Route "American Mountains":

• CTD when switching from cab to chase camera view
• TurfFX grass vanishing (back if game is paused for 1 or 2 seconds)

Route "TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains - Viktor Lake to Ross Peak & Glacier":

• TurfFX grass: same issue as above
• Three CTDs while driving
• Graphical performance is below than in 106618

Fed up of beta versions. Going back to 106618 (no CTDs when driving, better framerate, no TurfFX grass issues).

Last edited:
Finally broke down and installed the patch, was hoping they had put the undo/redo buttons back. Trying to get used to where ever thing is now buried. other than that not sure what they have fixed.

Finally broke down and installed the patch, was hoping they had put the undo/redo buttons back. Trying to get used to where ever thing is now buried. other than that not sure what they have fixed.

You could just use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Z (Undo) / Ctrl-Y (Redo) which is much easier.

We've been unable to get any of these reported crashes. I see Clam resolved his with a db rebuild and so I'd like to get more information on how these updates are being applied in case it is part of the update process causing the issues.

Could anyone having CTD problems in a specific route please create a new local data folder, download and install the route and attempt the same repro to see if the crash still occurs.
If so, then we can assume the db is the problem - it could be different assets installed or something corrupt in the db (so a db repair may resole things or may not).

Also, if anyone else who has Viktor Lake installed, could you please run that and let us know if you have any CTD problems.

HELP! I am semi computer literate.................where is the SP2 beta for Platinum edition? I have looked at this thread and there is no link I can find to it!

If you do the beta you should consider a separate install for it. It is beta and may contain bugs. But if you do want to check it out set your update stream to "beta" - From the Launcher > Trainz Settings > Change Trainz Update stream > it now shows game install location in dialog, hit Next > hit Next > Change Streams > Platinum Edition Beta.

Again, it is highly suggested you use a separate Trainz install and separate user data folder (content) for this. Beta software has the potential to crash your install. If you don't have a large enough disk for two installs then strongly consider waiting for the production release.

Last edited:
DLC/CM Route: "Sea Port/Industrial SP4" - Session "Ship Yard & Industrial Basic" (Works great in Tane - Not in TRS19)
Just started using this route/session so I can't say if it works in any version of '19. In Tane, 27 scheduled AI drivers worked great for 8 hours. AI/schedules break down rather quickly in '19.
See this post comparing Tane run to '19.

On startup:

error1.jpg

Last edited:
Back