TRS19 Service Pack 2 Beta Available

The NSW DL series signals by ranger_51 all exhibit the following error:

; <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : Validating <kuid2:209857:72101:6>
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE17: Attachment point 'att' in 'glow0' must be found in mesh 'inc/std_red.trainzmesh'.
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE132: The attachment point 'a.glow' must belong to the parent mesh of the effect (mesh=inc/std_red.trainzmesh).
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE17: Attachment point 'att' in 'glow1' must be found in mesh 'inc/std_red.trainzmesh'.
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE132: The attachment point 'a.glow' must belong to the parent mesh of the effect (mesh=inc/std_red.trainzmesh).

The assets show no errors or warnings in 106618.

Errors look correct.

There's a bug in Surveyor:

The ability to use the split spline tool to disconnect tracks or roads from fixed objects operation fails and the buzz-click sound error-sound is sounded instead. This has always worked in previous versions including all Trainz versions prior to this build.

Thanks for the report. Bug raised.

Any more news on crashes? We're unable to reproduce any here, so the more information we get the better to track down the differences in our test cases.

Can you explain "wrong way around".
Also please list the steps you are using to create the thumbnail.

The view "chosen" by the create thumbnail was of the back or side and the front depends on how the model was orientated when modelled, mainly effects buildings where a straight on screenshot of back side or even front for that matter doesn't give the full picture, if you follow.

Steps? Highlight asset > Content > Automatically generate Thumbnail.

I find it better to either use a screenshot and crop / resize either from in game or from preview asset when you can rotate the view to suit. Not really a problem for me.

Ever since I updated to SP2 beta to test my content, I've been getting lots of false ''Duplicate'' errors even though they aren't there twice, everything has a different ID. SP1 doesn't display these false errors.
Below is just one of the examples of this "Duplicate" errors:

- <NULL> : NavPoints.CreateNavigationPointSet> ERROR: Duplicate id '1' (file navpoints.gs)
; <NULL> : Script class: NavPoints
; <NULL> : Object: GSGameObject{0x157299d30; class:GSClass{0x2f2cab90: NavPoints}, refcount:4}
; <NULL> : Script callstack
; <NULL> : function $bool@NavPoints::CreateNavigationPointSetInternal(string,int,Soup,GameObjectID[],int), line -1
; <NULL> : function $bool@NavPoints::CreateNavigationPointSet(string,int,NavPoint[],GameObjectID[],int), line 218
; <NULL> : function $void@NavDisplay::ExecuteRule(), line 137
; <NULL> : function $void@NavDisplay::pause(bool), line 85
; <NULL> : function $void@SimultaneousListRule::pause(bool), line 81
; <NULL> : function $void@OrderedListRule::UpdateChildren(Message), line 117
; <NULL> : function $void@OrderedListRule::pause(bool), line 69
- <kuid:401543:2000> : ObjectivesLib.AddObjective> Objective 'a' cannot be added as it already exists (file gs.gs)
; <kuid:401543:2000> : Script class: ObjectivesLib
; <kuid:401543:2000> : Object: ScriptableObject{0x5ec5fa70; asset:SpecReference{<kuid:401543:2000> "ObjectivesLib"}, class:GSClass{0xde1f5d60: ObjectivesLib}, refcount:18}
; <kuid:401543:2000> : Script callstack
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $void@GameObject::Exception(string), line -1
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $bool@ObjectivesLib::AddObjective(SessionObjective), line 230
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $void@AddObjective::ExecuteRule(), line 105
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $void@AddObjective::pause(bool), line 67
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $void@SimultaneousListRule::pause(bool), line 81
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $void@OrderedListRule::UpdateChildren(Message), line 117
; <kuid:401543:2000> : function $void@OrderedListRule::pause(bool), line 69

Cheers

I've been getting lots of false ''Duplicate'' errors even though they aren't there twice,
The code clearly thinks they are, so the question is "what caused them to appear twice"?
There will be a set of steps that causes this to occur (during some save operation most likely, but could be related to layers, saving something in a session vs route etc).
If you start with a new session, can you get this to reoccur?
Have you worked out a fix? (That might help us identify the cause).

The code clearly thinks they are, so the question is "what caused them to appear twice"?
There will be a set of steps that causes this to occur (during some save operation most likely, but could be related to layers, saving something in a session vs route etc).
If you start with a new session, can you get this to reoccur?
Have you worked out a fix? (That might help us identify the cause).

The session rules are all saved to the session, not to the route.
Creating a new session without any of the rules doesn't give out the false duplicate error appearing.
No, I haven't been able to fix it yet

Cheers

Are you running windowed? Have you rescaled the interface? Does resizing stop this from happening?

Yes, I never play Trainz in full screen mode, just windowed mode.
No I haven't rescaled the interface.
Yes (before the video was taken).

I just went back to try to repro the issue, and now it seems to be working correctly...

Cheers

The icons are for multiplayer surveyor. No matter what I try to edit, I get the same result as well. Maybe an invitation to edit is needed.

Has nothing to do with multiplayer surveyor - please see the video for what I'm referring to..

Cheers

Creating a new session without any of the rules doesn't give out the false
duplicate error appearing.

I am guessing that there is data saved to the session or route from a previous save, and having a different internal ID to the current rules.

Does resaving using Save As resolve this?

If not, I suggest editing the current rules to rename them, which could be sufficient.
You may also need to add an "objective complete" to eliminate the old objective.

If you need further help please submit a bug report so QA can check it out in more detail.

Last edited:
Any more news on crashes? We're unable to reproduce any here, so the more information we get the better to track down the differences in our test cases.

No response yet - have the crashes stopped? Or has the testing stopped? If the later, then the next patch won't have resolved the problem, so if we can get more help from those with issues, it will be a big help.

I am guessing that there is data saved to the session or route from a previous save, and having a different internal ID to the current rules.

Does resaving using Save As resolve this?

If not, I suggest editing the current rules to rename them, which could be sufficient.
You may also need to add an "objective complete" to eliminate the old objective.

If you need further help please submit a bug report so QA can check it out in more detail.

The session rules aren't in the session route (I don't know how this could be possible anyway - would like to know this)

Resaving does resolve this issue, but it gives me a black screen when loading the autosave..

vwgScyO.jpg

Cheers

Another bug

<kuid:101046:105308> YARN Invisible Road, SLOW traffic shows up in driver mode when it should only show up in surveyor mode. This hasn't happened in the earlier versions of Trainz.

icdQTwq.jpg

Cheers

Back