Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 2 Beta Available

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I have found may rifts in various places throughout this route and others as I have worked on them. This is a larger number than has occurred in the past. Ignore the missing trees and objects. I am deleting these baseboards and came across the great rift and ridge while in the process. These do occur, just like in the past, on the boundary between baseboards.

Great rift.jpg
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Baseboard issue - 5m or 10m grid (or mix?).

Regarding the crashes, good news that we have isolated the issue to whether an asset was installed via a DLC install or from the DLS.
    The asset is: <kuid2:61392:8191:12> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)

Dev are investigating why this is a problem, but it does illustrate how hard some things can be to track down when the exact same KUID list can either work fine or crash the game repeatedly (depending on how things were installed).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Baseboard issue - 5m or 10m grid (or mix?).

Regarding the crashes, good news that we have isolated the issue to whether an asset was installed via a DLC install or from the DLS.
    The asset is: <kuid2:61392:8191:12> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)

Dev are investigating why this is a problem, but it does illustrate how hard some things can be to track down when the exact same KUID list can either work fine or crash the game repeatedly (depending on how things were installed).
    This was in a 10 meter grid area.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Blog Entries

My copy of that asset was installed (and updated) via the DLS and has (so far) not had any CTD problems.

The only mysterious issue I have found is that one loco asset, <kuid2:105570:75:1> SAR - 75 class Brill - TS12 SP1, does not work with the TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later). That is if the vehicle stops before a path start signal then the <kuid2:61392:8111:70> IT SetPath (TANE SP4 and later) driver command does not work (it does not activate the path). It works perfectly for other locos so it is probably an issue with the SAR - 75 class Brill.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (beta) 109037 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096

United States of America, ill, Rock Island

still have not been able to save a route only been able to save it as session or as a new route even if i save it with same name, it did not used to be this way or am i doing something wroung? Thanks
    Modeling Ho scale on the cheap

GT 730 8 Meg

Another Grid Issue Not sure if it was report

I can't change my baseboard grid from a 10m to 5m I go through the process however the the grid remain 10M

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    still have not been able to save a route only been able to save it as session or as a new route even if i save it with same name, it did not used to be this way or am i doing something wroung? Thanks
    If the route is not your KUID, and is an older format (i.e. 4.5 or earlier) then you need to save as a new route. This is for the first save only. Then you can resave.

I can't change my baseboard grid from a 10m to 5m I go through the process however the the grid remain 10M

Bug is now fixed.
    Tony Hilliam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    The only mysterious issue I have found is that one loco asset, <kuid2:105570:75:1> SAR - 75 class Brill - TS12 SP1, does not work with the TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later). That is if the vehicle stops before a path start signal then the <kuid2:61392:8111:70> IT SetPath (TANE SP4 and later) driver command does not work (it does not activate the path). It works perfectly for other locos so it is probably an issue with the SAR - 75 class Brill.
    This seems to be a case of operator error. It started happening with another loco and then I realised that somehow the consist heading had been reversed. Reversing the orientation again fixed the problem.

If the route is not your KUID, and is an older format (i.e. 4.5 or earlier) then you need to save as a new route. This is for the first save only. Then you can resave.

Bug is now fixed.[/COLOR]
    my kuid and is at build 4,6 just tested with new route made could only save as a session or a new route.
    Last edited by fourteen; October 2nd, 2020 at 08:11 AM.

GT 730 8 Meg

Blog Entries

Just posted a bug report.

If you are using Driver in keyboard control mode (i.e. the W, S and X keys for speed control) and switch using the UDS to Surveyor then back to Driver again, those keys no longer work - but other keys such as P do. The workaround is to cycle the driver control through its other options (graphical, command bar) back to keyboard again to regain control.

pware:
    If you are using Driver in keyboard control mode (i.e. the W, S and X keys for speed control) and switch using the UDS to Surveyor then back to Driver again, those keys no longer work - but other keys such as P do. The workaround is to cycle the driver control through its other options (graphical, command bar) back to keyboard again to regain control.
    Behaviour confirmed/ replicated. Good spotting!

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    my kuid and is at build 4,6 just tested with new route made could only save as a session or a new route.
    I'm not sure I follow.

I'll need the detailed steps to reproduce this. e.g.
    1. Create route
    2. Place some track
    3. System Menu > Save
    4. Save Route dialog shows "Save new route and session"
    5. Edit the route more
    6. System Menu > Save
    4. Save Route dialog shows "Overwrite route and session" (with other options available).
    Tony Hilliam

Blog Entries

Another bug report submitted.

Using the Bulk Asset Update/Replace Tool to move EITs into the same layer results in all EITs losing ALL their paths. Repeated several times to confirm.

I'm not sure I follow.

I'll need the detailed steps to reproduce this. e.g.
    1. Create route
    2. Place some track
    3. System Menu > Save
    4. Save Route dialog shows "Save new route and session"
    5. Edit the route more
    6. System Menu > Save
    4. Save Route dialog shows "Overwrite route and session" (with other options available).

at step 4 only gives me the choice of save session

GT 730 8 Meg

Blog Entries

When I follow those exact same steps, step 4 gives me the full "Save new route and session".