TRS19 Service Pack 2 Beta Available

Shaky performance

After around 1 minute (always) into my session this happens:

https://youtu.be/opdWYEdiPDk

and lasts for around 30-40 seconds and then gets normal again.

I thought this was some kind of session initialization problems, because many operations are taking place in the
beginning of this session.

But then I remembered turntable problems a long time ago. Was it not solved?

And there is an AI turntable cmd ( <kuid2:609850:100018:1> ) being activated after around 1 minute in the session.
So I checked it out and when the turntable started moving the surroundings were shaky and lasted as long as the
turntable moved.

Turntable-Problem.jpg

Move-Turntable.jpg

TRS19 version 105096 had same problem, but I never thought of turntable movement?????

Does anyone else having same problem with the turntable cmd ?

Or am I using wrong kuid for moveTurntable cmd?

After around 1 minute (always) into my session this happens:

https://youtu.be/opdWYEdiPDk

and lasts for around 30-40 seconds and then gets normal again.

I thought this was some kind of session initialization problems, because many operations are taking place in the
beginning of this session.

But then I remembered turntable problems a long time ago. Was it not solved?

And there is an AI turntable cmd ( <kuid2:609850:100018:1> ) being activated after around 1 minute in the session.
So I checked it out and when the turntable started moving the surroundings were shaky and lasted as long as the
turntable moved.

{pics removed}

TRS19 version 105096 had same problem, but I never thought of turntable movement?????

Does anyone else having same problem with the turntable cmd ?

Or am I using wrong kuid for moveTurntable cmd?

Do you by chance have any portals that are emitting consists around that time into your session?

I ask because I have had the same thing and narrowed it down to trains being emitted from portals because I have no turntables. I reported this quite some builds ago and was promptly ignored.

Do you by chance have any portals that are emitting consists around that time into your session?

I ask because I have had the same thing and narrowed it down to trains being emitted from portals because I have no turntables. I reported this quite some builds ago and was promptly ignored.

No, I am not using any portals.

I disabled the turntable command, which resulted in shaky behaviour gone.

So, it has to do something with the combination turntable command and the asset turntable, that is Swedish made with diameter 15 meter
and can connect 32 tracks.

Or, maybe user error by me?

Conclusion: Is anyone else using the turntable command giving no SHAKY behaviour?

If so:
Which turntable are you using?

Another bug report submitted.

Using the Bulk Asset Update/Replace Tool to move EITs into the same layer results in all EITs losing ALL their paths. Repeated several times to confirm.

N3V QA have confirmed the bug but report that saving the session as a new session and then reloading it does restore the EIT paths. I have tried this without success as the paths in the new session are still empty after loading.

Progress, a step at a time.

Had a weird thing in build 109170
This was happening with both previously installed and saved items as well as newly created ones
On a Route I've been moving through builds track objects suddenly would not move when the track was moved away from it's original place they remained in their original places
This also happened if I adjusted the track height the stayed at original height as well. Then tried moving them along the track & guess what that didn't move
Tried a few DBR's as well as EDBR's with on change

I that installed a backup ( tzarc ) from 30/9 and the then an EDBR after that all seems to be working again as it should

Had a weird thing in build 109170
This was happening with both previously installed and saved items as well as newly created ones
On a Route I've been moving through builds track objects suddenly would not move when the track was moved away from it's original place they remained in their original places
This also happened if I adjusted the track height the stayed at original height as well. Then tried moving them along the track & guess what that didn't move
Tried a few DBR's as well as EDBR's with on change

I that installed a backup ( tzarc ) from 30/9 and the then an EDBR after that all seems to be working again as it should

I had this in the past. My solution, as recommended by Tony, is to run delete missing assets and that fixed the problem. This cleans up a host of problems that can cause a route to become corrupt.

I always use this command
<kuid2:131986:180156:1> MoveTurntable
with the
<kuid:187586:28215> Turntable 80ft 22 Track

I up-loaded your 2 CDP:s and tested them on my session.
The result was exactly as before: Very shaky behaviour during movement of the turntable!

Hi Tony !

I encounter problems with some of Andi's contents.
The involved assets are :
<kuid2:122285:4051:20> JK Point 06-LH Left
<kuid2:122285:4066:20> JK Spacer 06-5.0-FT (14.85m)
<kuid2:122285:4065:20> JK Spacer 06-4.0-FT (5.28m)
<kuid2:122285:4021:20> JK Spacer 10-4.0-FT (3.38m)

With a route containing these assets, when I launch a session (driver mode), a pop-up message appears :

I’m not a complete beginner in scripting (!), but Andi’s are terribly complicated. A little help here? (I've just sent a bug report on this subject)

Thank you

Vincent

CMTM4

Just wondering - would issues with the CMTM4 system be subject to a bug report? It looks like it has some problems (worked fine in TANE and also in early TRS19 builds but currently (109037) it's pretty odd) - I ask before creating and submitting some test sequence route+session and then get a "Nope, not responsible. Ask the creator first please."
Lockheed

short update on that CMTM4 thing - got it to work meanwhile in SP2 Beta. Emitting Portal is jumpy and might need a review in conjunction with pguy's Quick Portal Manager. But if you use it without that functionality it should be fine.
Lockheed

Vincent - apparently the browser error with this asset has been about for quite a while (over a year) and we haven't been able to reproduce your undefined error here. Possibly due to the configuration you have set up in the asset already, or possibly because some of the required assets aren't installed.
As you know Andi has passed away, so updating will be a problem. It may be time to find a new option to customise your tracks.

Last edited:
Hello Tony/N3V,

I haven't used TRS19 for a while, launched it a few days ago and noticed something wierd after updating to build 109037.
Problem is a lot of trains show no problems in CM, yet show up red, and thus won't work anymore after updating to the new beta version.

For example, i've looked up a Payware Locomotive in CM:
sJk3M64
Screenshot-CM.png

Then when i launch TRS19 itself and open up one of my own routes i get this error message (i believe it's the same as posted here before, no idea if it has anything to do with my problem):
Screenshot-Error.png

And when i search for the same locomotive as i did a few minutes before in CM i get this:
Screenshot-TRS.png

This same locomotive has always worked without any problems in previous builds of TRS19 (including Beta builds) yet since the update to build 109037 this problem occurs on a lot of locomotives and roling stock.
Have i missed a setting or does this have to do with the update? and if so, am i the only one experiencing this?

Best regards from Holland,

Mathijs

Hello Toni,

unfortunately I can not drive or work in any Build > 106618.
The start window freezes every time a session has started.
Somewhen, the window [Trainz.exe doesn't work anymore] pops up and Trainz is off.
Each DBR needs more than 2.5h, the logfile has over 170.000 lines. Thank you.
These errors are pure terror!

Did this always happen with 106618? Given that build has been around for many months I would suggest reinstalling or patching to the latest beta to see if that resolves the issue.

Trainz.exe is not the name of the .exe so perhaps something has been modified and is causing the problems.

Hello Toni,

unfortunately I can not drive or w.exeork in any Build > 106618.
The start window freezes every time a session has started.
Somewhen, the window [Trainz.exe doesn't work anymore] pops up and Trainz is off.
Each DBR needs more than 2.5h, the logfile has over 170.000 lines. Thank you.
These errors are pure terror!

Trainz.exe is my fault. i meant TRS19.exe

Until Build 106618 is all ok!
Only the updates to Build 109170 and Build 109641 making these problems

Back