TRS19 Service Pack 2 Beta Available

Don't know if this helps. My large route works well and loads fine sometimes. If I or an update doe's a DBR the edit session will crash on loading (this is in both 106618 & 109170). Reload straight away and it loads fine. If I then drive the route trains get stuck on EIT's. I need to edit the EIT manager rule to do an integrity check before I then drive and it all works. If I exit trainz and come back to the edit session, it loads fine, have to redo the integrity check in the EIT manager rule and trains run again. If I don't the trains get stuck.

Last edited:
While simply dragging a piece of track from a station platform to another piece of track a short distance away:

While dragging track.jpg

Being something like this, the error appears to be unrepeatable, but different so I uploaded.

I updated to the 109170 beta, the initial DBR hung for 8 hours overnight but restarted and completed. On opening TRS19 I discovered that many of the routes are showing missing dependencies where they were not before. I ran an 'out of date' filter in CM and downloaded updates and deleted obsoletes and another DBR. The false missing dependencies still persist. One thing I have noticed that may be pertinent is that some routes that have had dependencies updated are showing these false missing deps. It's as if the assets that have been updated are disregarded and treated as missing because the original assets in the config are not there, even though the route has nothing missing in CM when viewing dependencies.
The issue with installing old routes seems to have been fixed, I downloaded <kuid:224165:2188> Moe to Walhalla 2 and installed. While it took almost 10 minutes to load the route, everything was there and in the right place.
cheers
Graeme

After updating to a new beta TRS19 build precaching is required to load a route/session. After this is finished, a red bug error pops up with a replication steam? error which messes up placement of various objects. I don't get CTDs from this, but it confuses session rules. Simply exiting Driver and reloading makes everything right.

There must be some communication error between the precaching and this "replication stream".

Glenn

Thanks Grazlash. I have tried this in the past, but it doesn't seem to work with the beta DLC payware routes that I am testing. Maybe the prebuild method just sees the payware tag and skips the asset assuming it will already be cached. The beta versions aren't.

The "prebuild" command is supposed to precache all installed assets, but it never does (tried many times). Once completed, starting the game: "Precaching Content...", resuming a saved game: "Precaching Content...", editing a route/session: "Precaching Content...", almost every action: "Precaching Content...". Reported months ago, but still doesn't work. And in 101970, it never completes (had to stop it after 2 hours three times).

Last edited:
HPL - It does work (in build 109037 at least) and certainly speeds up subsequent gameplay/ loading etc., but the message still shows 'Precaching content..." when it is retrieving the precached files that you created during the TrainzUtil 'Prebuild' script run.
Are you saying that you do not see a significant speed-up following a re-run of the same session?
Have you tried running an Extended Database Repair as well? If this does not complete, then you do indeed have a problem.

Last edited:
I always see a significant speed-up when re-running a session, with or without a previous "prebuild". EDBRs always complete flawlessly, but then most of actions are slower, like if the cache has been removed.

The betas don't precache the content like the regular version does. This was explained sometime ago by Tony when one of us asked.

There's a bug in Surveyor:

The ability to use the split spline tool to disconnect tracks or roads from fixed objects operation fails and the buzz-click sound error-sound is sounded instead. This has always worked in previous versions including all Trainz versions prior to this build.

The NSW DL series signals by ranger_51 all exhibit the following error:

; <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : Validating <kuid2:209857:72101:6>
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE17: Attachment point 'att' in 'glow0' must be found in mesh 'inc/std_red.trainzmesh'.
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE132: The attachment point 'a.glow' must belong to the parent mesh of the effect (mesh=inc/std_red.trainzmesh).
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE17: Attachment point 'att' in 'glow1' must be found in mesh 'inc/std_red.trainzmesh'.
- <kuid2:209857:72101:6> : VE132: The attachment point 'a.glow' must belong to the parent mesh of the effect (mesh=inc/std_red.trainzmesh).

The assets show no errors or warnings in 106618.

In TRS19 version 109037 <kuid:-1:101168> is missing gauge needles and control handles. All okay before update. is this a bug?

Thank you.

In TRS19 version 109037 <kuid:-1:101168> is missing gauge needles and control handles. All okay before update. is this a bug?

Thank you.

There's a newer version on the DLS - please install that and recheck <kuid:-25:1173> class43 interior

Back