Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you like your cheese sandwich??

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

This thread is fascinating to me. The variations are amazing and all sound wonderful.

What kind of pickle is a Branston pickle. Sweet? Sour?

Is this it?

Branston Pickle is made from a variety of diced vegetables, including swede (rutabaga), carrots, onions and cauliflower pickled in a sauce made from vinegar, tomato, apple and spices. In recent years high-fructose corn syrup has replaced sugar in the product sold in the American market.

https://www.amazon.com/Branston-Orig...88044688&psc=1

William
    Last edited by wreeder; September 22nd, 2020 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    This thread is fascinating to me. The variations are amazing and all sound wonderful.

What kind of pickle is a Branston pickle. Sweet? Sour?

Is this it?

Branston Pickle is made from a variety of diced vegetables, including swede (rutabaga), carrots, onions and cauliflower pickled in a sauce made from vinegar, tomato, apple and spices. In recent years high-fructose corn syrup has replaced sugar in the product sold in the American market.

https://www.amazon.com/Branston-Orig...88044688&psc=1

William

Yes that's the one, suppose you'd call it sweetish.
    Malc

i have 3 cheese melted with bacon.
    Once grumpy
    Always will be grumpy
    Rest in peace lil' fella
    Grumpy cat 2012-2019

Blog Entries

While I enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich or melt if you feel so inclined; I really like a slice of Mild Cheddar in between 2 slices of German bologna, on white bread, potato chips on the side.
    Jeff
    Follow the Augsburg and Concord Railroad story on my blog.

Two slices of wholemeal bread with mature Cheddar cheese between, maybe Branston pickle, both slices of bread buttered on the outside only, then fired on my griddle pan and turned both over and ninety degrees until both sides are nicely toasted with a criss-cross grid pattern on both sides.

Ray
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Thanks to everyone that took the time to post. They all sound wonderful. I've got a jar of imported Branston pickle on order with Amazon and look forward to trying it. I think the only thing like it that I saw while growing up was a homemade pickled vegetable mixture called Chow Chow but it was sour and tended to be too spicy for me.

https://www.lovelesscafe.com/recipes...w-chow-relish/

William

An interesting recipe. I should have mentioned that I use Branston Small Chunks for a sandwich - there is a version with larger chunks. And there are no peppers - just as well, since I'm violently allergic to the slightest trace of them.

Ray
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works