Auto Running Numbers

If the locomotives and railcars are so configured, they will be work automatically, meaning if you put a locomotive down on the tracks, it'll pick up a number within the range specified by the content-creator. The same with boxcars, and other freight cars. There are some locomotives and freight cars preset with hard-coded numbers, which will not update at all since the numbers are painted on, and there are those that can only be numbered, but done so manually.

Now if you want to assign this to your own models, there are at least three parts needed. I'm going from observations and repairs and not actual content-creation experience. There are the necessary attachment points where the numbers will sit on the locomotives and other railcars. There is the numbers themselves plus the alpha-channels associated with each number. Without the alpha-channels, the numbers will have big black or white blocks around each one and not fit in the area they're supposed to be. And finally there's the number-IT or some other related script which allows for the operation. These are the essential parts and also needed is the number-range and other information within the config.txt file to make this all work.

How would one "reverse engineer " this process to REMOVE arn from a locomotive? In my specific case the numbers show where I don't want them.

Back