Uninstalling also removes local files

emcnally

Why in the world would N3V create a game that removes the local game files. I just lost years worth of stuff I've been working on because I had to reinstall my game because PLUS was creating havoc. Unfortunately for me I have no backup. Now back to square one.

Why in the world would N3V create a game that removes the local game files. I just lost years worth of stuff I've been working on because I had to reinstall my game because PLUS was creating havoc. Unfortunately for me I have no backup. Now back to square one.

Have a look in the recycle bin. You might be lucky.

Also have a look at a ugreen external case on newegg.com you want one with a power button. Add in a Western digital 4 Terabyte hard drive, (HGST is western digital) and use that for backup. The power button means if you get hit by malware the drive will be off line. Today the Blue was two dollars less than a data center hard drive but I'd probably pay the two dollars for the difference in warranty. My preference would be to use win 7 backup. The back up drive doesn't have to be on line all the time and just back up once a week.

Alternatively you can back up to the could these days. Microsoft's one drive at least works and isn't that expensive.

Cheerio John

TRS19 stores content data separate from the Trainz installation, not like the earlier versions. TANE has introduced this system.

Usually TANE / TRS19 stores user content in the local folder. The default location is C:\Users\<Computer username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build XXXXXX, which still might have your content at.
If you have another folder that TRS19 stores your content, it'll be at that location you pointed TRS19 to.

Cheers

Have you looked in the default data location? a new Install will set up a new data folder your original one is probably still there which unless you moved it will be in your users folder
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\N3V Games xxxx being your Window user name.

The uninstaller if you used it and it works which it doesn't after patches only removes what it installed as recorded in the uninstaller data file log or whatever it uses, not your additional data.

A fresh install will set up a new empty data folder which you can change in the Launcher settings to point at your original one.

You may have enable show hidden files and folders to see that folder.

Every version stores its files in its own area which is why you can have multiple versions installed on the same PC and not have them interfere with each other. And since TANE, the local (your) data is stored apart from the program files and not touched by the uninstaller. Perhaps look again.

Hello - Sorry, you won't care for my reply:
Someone could just as easily ask "Why in the world you have years worth of stuff you worked on and not have it backed up in case of computer failure.?" (as other have mentioned, check for your user data folder).

Back