TS12?

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
Hi folks, where does one download TS12 from, is it on the Auran site?

I've been advised that I should download TS12 before TS19 so that I can still copy over older Trainz content.

I can tether my phone to the PC to download stuff, hoping I can with TRS.

I've been advised that I should download TS12 before TS19 so that I can still copy over older Trainz content.

I have no problem going from TS10 to TRS19 with older content and routes. The idea is that TS12 starts the process of replacing billboard trees with speedtrees as old speedtrees won't appear in TRS19 as the version of the speedtree library is different. But I have never used speedtrees so I don't bother with TS12. You are basically updating the format of the way routes are saved to workaround a bug introduced in TRS19 SP1 with importing old routes. Before SP1 I had no problems dropping my TRS04 routes straight into TRS19. Now I go directly from TRS04 and I get invisible ground textures and floating objects.

I use the Steam version of TS12 by the way, just register the serial number at MyTrainz and it works great.

Here is a screenshot of Outback Australia 2 that I customized in TS10 and saved as a .cdp. I dropped it on TRS19 SP1 content manager. After downloading the missing assets from the DLS this is how it looks. I just need to adjust the lighting and fix the water color.

https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...tback-Australia-2-imported-into-TRS19-SP1.jpg

William

Last edited:
I'm currently trying (unsuccessfully) to re-load TS12 on my PC using the data on my DLC Purchase List - the 24 character file purchase reference plus the main set-up file and the 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b and 3a support files.

All were downloaded to C:\Users\User\Downloads - the missing " .exe extensions" were added - the required data then entered on set-up screens but the process ground to a halt with the cryptic message "setup.exe-1a.bin cannot be located in C:\Users\User\Downloads". Have now been round the course about 8 or 9 times and have submitted a "Support Request".

Is this a case of TS12 is no longer supported?

John

Hi,

It's a long time ago, but IIRC, the better option is to put all the downloaded files on a root directory (with the ".exe" added), and run from there.

Again, IIRC, some browsers do strip off the file extension...

Check out the TS 12 thread...

All the best,

Colin

(my copy is on DVDs)

TS12 hasn't been supported in years but I don't think that is your problem.

setup.exe-1a.bin is an illegal file name.

Here is what I have for TS12

setup.exe 521KB
setup-1a.bin 1,528,776KB
setup-1b.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-2a.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-2b.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-3a.bin 281,861KB

William

I just installed from those files under Win7 without a problem. As I recall you have to have a large amount of free space in your temp folder as each of those files has to be decompressed there in order to be installed.

William

Trainz2012 is still available via Amazon to purchase and download. Note that it is a 6.1 GB file, perhaps not an easy download for some.

Last edited:
Trainz2012 is still available via Amazon to purchase and download. Note that it is a 6.1 GB file, perhaps not an easy download for some.

If you ask the helpdesk nicely they will provide a link to the legacy downloads, least they have on a couple of occasions.

If I could buy it from N3V and download it. I just might. I would like to have it to replace pofig and ultra trees, shrubs and grasses. I have substituted some cloned newer assets for some routes, but it gets to be a lot of cloning if there are a lot of them. I am not a Steam person, but if hardcopy purchases from Amazon are available, that may be another way...

TS12 hasn't been supported in years but I don't think that is your problem.

setup.exe-1a.bin is an illegal file name.

Here is what I have for TS12

setup.exe 521KB
setup-1a.bin 1,528,776KB
setup-1b.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-2a.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-2b.bin 1,529,297KB
setup-3a.bin 281,861KB

William

Problems finally resolved - my files were originally identical to those above - can only conclude my usual browser was clouding the issue as per "ColPrice 2002's post #9 suggestion. Using Firefox/Internet Explorer resulted in "clean files" which TS12 SetUp was able to identify and load. Programme now up and running. Thanks to ColPrice, wreeder and Clam 1952 for their input.
regards
John

If I could buy it from N3V and download it. I just might. I would like to have it to replace pofig and ultra trees, shrubs and grasses. I have substituted some cloned newer assets for some routes, but it gets to be a lot of cloning if there are a lot of them. I am not a Steam person, but if hardcopy purchases from Amazon are available, that may be another way...

It is up to you but you should know that installing the N3V files and patching up to the last update is a long process that took me more than 4 hours as there are 7 patches to be applied. With the Steam version, the most recent version is installed automatically.

William

Back