Train Not Stopping At Proper Station Position?

There's another thought on this. What stations are you using?

AJS and Bloodnok's stations have three positions to stop at. A, center, and B. I have found that for the most part using the "centre" position is best for short trains and A or B is best for long consists.

I have discovered too that station scripts are affected by outside interference. If for example you have two trains following, the following train will confuse the station script, causing the station to not catch this train and start up the slowdown--->stop procedure. To solve this, I had to place some absolute signals about 20 meters (two grid squares) away from the end of the platform. What this did was to stop the train that's following behind the first so that they both don't enter the platform at the same time, and also prevents the following train from pulling in too soon so the script can reset its routine.

Other scripted assets can cause weird things to happen such as grade crossings, and other script functions such as triggers. Keeping these assets about 20 meters away seems to help, perhaps because that's the affect radius for these assets. The problem is some of these assets can't be adjusted such as road crossings, or other industries if they're close by.

I think that there is a bad design. You seem to run two processes at the same time. The trackmark and the auto load\unload. I can't find a workaround which would be to block other processes during autoload/unload. I can't find that magic rule. I have given up and will use the load/unload with a mis-positioned train. I'll pretend.

Hi, Dick near Pittsburgh, Willy from Pittsburgh here !

I think that there is a bad design. You seem to run two processes at the same time. The trackmark and the auto load\unload. I can't find a workaround which would be to block other processes during autoload/unload. I can't find that magic rule. I have given up and will use the load/unload with a mis-positioned train. I'll pretend.

In post # 3, I mentioned having problems with the Hinton Division.

What does work for me is the Rocky Mountains Montana Track with the same consist; Sniper's PON C-41 # 1389 and 3 PON P70 Coach.

I run them from each end to the other stopping at all stations with the commands:

Navigate to ( station name ), unload, Waite two min., load, Navigate to ( next station )

The stations on this route are long ones, looking totally different than the ones on the Hinton and the AI work perfectly at the stations.

There is occasionally other traffic problems but in the stations every thing seems OK.

One traffic problem on this route is that the portals on the ends for some reason do not always gobble-up all of the passenger cars and I have to clean-up with the " edit train " function.

I think someone must have fixed the P70 Coaches because it used to be that every time there was a rebuild of the data base the Coaches ( only when looking at them in a station ) would go into circular repeat of the door opening and closing sound that would not quit till you save, exit and come back into the session. I would fix that by editing the files to delete that sound.

I'm just saying that this is a combination of things that have worked for me a long time and now it still works in TRS 19 and maybe using those stations and commands might be a solution.

Have a good one !

Wild Willy the Wacko

We need to know the kuid of the station that you have a problem with. Triggers and TM's should not pose a problem nor should the drive to TM and load passengers. A platform active track if set up right will start it's procedure about 5m before the track trigger point. This point is set in the config file and the .gs script. One of my station scripts is set up for 3 different length trains to stop at different points on the same track.
Load/unload should not be used when you drive to a TM, use the load passenger command.

Hi Mr. Wacko. Some interesting possibilities. I may resurrect my interest in this. I am in the East on the border of Delmont/Murrysville.

Back