Train Not Stopping At Proper Station Position?

boleyd

The train slows on approach to station but always stops with the engine at the station and the cars are not at the platform. Load and unload proceed but the appearance is disconcerting. So, I put a trackmark several feet beyond the station and tell the train to stop at the trackmark and unload/load. Well, it just drives past the trackmark a few feet and executes its commands then proceeds to the next station. Is there a specific marker to use as a target for stopping at the proper place for unload/loading.

Also, another station site has two "zombie" track items that I can't delete. This has been an issue for a long time but can those chunks of track still cause issues? And, perhaps N3V might, at sometime, recognize the issue and deal with it.

The train slows on approach to station but always stops with the engine at the station and the cars are not at the platform. Load and unload proceed but the appearance is disconcerting. So, I put a trackmark several feet beyond the station and tell the train to stop at the trackmark and unload/load. Well, it just drives past the trackmark a few feet and executes its commands then proceeds to the next station. Is there a specific marker to use as a target for stopping at the proper place for unload/loading.

Also, another station site has two "zombie" track items that I can't delete. This has been an issue for a long time but can those chunks of track still cause issues? And, perhaps N3V might, at sometime, recognize the issue and deal with it.

Not stopping is one reason why I gave up on the " Hinton Division " !

I think it is something to do with the stations or the track that is supposed to have the code that makes it an industry.

In this route the train slows as you say but the whole passenger train goes past the platform and since it doesn't process my whole schedule: Navigate to station, unload, wait 2 minutes, load, Navigate to next station, it just sits there and doesn't proceed to the next station because that command is not at the top of the list of commands.

As for the first reply, I didn't know one could " adjust the size " of a track marker?

I hope you get some answers or a promise to fix the bugs because I really like some things in the Hinton route!

Good luck with that!

Wild Willy the Wacko

I tried changing the trackmark radius to several values.. That caused the train to stop at the trackmark but then continued on while executing the unload and load routines.

I have no interest in pursuing this further. The crude "engine stopping at station, instead of beyond" will have to be addressed by N3V. I have a choice, die from Covid or a heart-attack induced by Trainz. I will accept the odd positioning of the engine and pretend that it visually functions as expected. What a mess. Piling on revenue generating functions and features while the ____ pile of problems smoulders.:'(

A great program, but seriously underfunded.:(

Hey, thanks for your help. People like you keep this program viable!!;)

Have you tried to stop at the mark then use "instantLoad"? I've used InstantLoad for coal when the mine could not produce enough to fill all the cars. (coal mine was not configurable to produce faster either). I have no idea if it works for passenger setups. Wiki says it loads "commodities" for everything but loco's and tenders.

For interactive industries, you need to use a Drive To followed by the load command.

Track marks never worked well even in the early days. The AI drivers always stopped about there, or about here, but never where they're supposed to.

Have you tried to stop at the mark then use "instantLoad"? I've used InstantLoad for coal when the mine could not produce enough to fill all the cars. (coal mine was not configurable to produce faster either). I have no idea if it works for passenger setups. Wiki says it loads "commodities" for everything but loco's and tenders.

In the case of:

"coal mine was not configurable to produce faster either"

is it because you can not call-up the properties box in Surveyor or a MIN which seems to have some low maximums ?

I have been messing with a route that has a lot of mines and the area where one would click to bring up the properties box is completely covered by the mine structure and can't be accessed unless you raise the structure so that you can click on the properties box and then after making changes you can lower the structure to the original level but I think when you try to save it will force you to make a clone of the route by " saving route and session " instead of just "saving session", in which case I always add my name and maybe a # 1 to name the clone. I don't like doing that, I like my routes to be original but a lot of routes I play with have industries that can't be re-configured without doing it.

Willy

Some active platforms have the script back to front with regards the trigger points. What is the platform kuid? Drive to trigger followed by load wont work as it is part of the station script. You need to use the load passengers command. This command opens the doors for a selected time period. The station script is still in control of the train until it leaves. The load after a wait will not activate so wont get removed from the list as the station can not reactivate the load.

Covered Industries

Add a layer, I use buildings to the route layer. Add the building to that layer click on the hide button, a small eye. then call up the property box and enter data. Go back to layer tap and unhide the building.

Rob

In the case of:

"coal mine was not configurable to produce faster either"

is it because you can not call-up the properties box in Surveyor or a MIN which seems to have some low maximums ?

I have been messing with a route that has a lot of mines and the area where one would click to bring up the properties box is completely covered by the mine structure and can't be accessed unless you raise the structure so that you can click on the properties box and then after making changes you can lower the structure to the original level but I think when you try to save it will force you to make a clone of the route by " saving route and session " instead of just "saving session", in which case I always add my name and maybe a # 1 to name the clone. I don't like doing that, I like my routes to be original but a lot of routes I play with have industries that can't be re-configured without doing it.

Willy

RE: coal mine not configurable..
Sorry, to explain takes us a bit off topic of OP. I'm building a "learning" route for scheduling trains. I'm using Kickstarter 2 since all '19 owners will have it (if I decide to make it public). Also using all built in assets. What's important as a "demo" is that it's something "out of the box" and available to all.

Anyway, I scheduled and built a 31 hopper coal consist. At Daydream Mine it breaks down into two consists (to fit the trackage). The first consist of 16 cars load fine. Then with the 2nd consist, 2-3 cars fill and the mine runs out of coal. I had set up the mine with maximum allowable at start. As best I can find, Daydream Mine is not configurable as other industries. Config panel says it produces every 30 minutes but it certainly doesn't produce more coal for me. Even after hours of letting it set there.

now.. back to the original topic..

I saw this same problem discussed in another thread. The solution, which works for me also, seems to be to insert a 'Halt Train' command between 'Drive To' and 'Load'.

Two things here: 1) Those tracks you still have from past stations that can't be deleted, happened because when you deleted that station, you did it following our logic. I found that it does not work. To do it properly, you have to detach all (both ends of tracks) from the station. Move it away, and then delete it. Do not delete a station while it is still connected to tracks. To get rid of these now, you'll have to paste a blank selected area on top. This have been recommended by others here, and it works. (2) As per the train not stopping, it is a common malady. You did not say what type of station you are using. What length of train and what length of station. Make sure or try to have a station long enough for the train. A short station with a longer than platform train will cause what you describe. Instead of a train, use a railcar just to test; I am sure it will stop exactly where it should. Some stations also have a script for where you want the consist to stop along the platform. Finally, read above posts: Don't use trackmarks for stations stopping, they rarely work or could be a source of unintended problems.

Last edited:
1611mac - Thank you for that pearl of wisdom. I had no idea you could alter the active radius of a track marker. I hope this will solve one or two issues I have.
Best wishes
Ian

Place one passenger car and an engine on track. Create a Drive To instruction, Execute that instruction. The train goes to the station where the engine stops at the boarding area. However, the passenger car unloads and loads passengers. BUT, No load or unload instructions have been issued. This may not be related to strange "passenger" behaviors but..... The engine goes to the track mark which is the new stopping point. BUT the coach passed the boarding area and had already triggered an Unload/Load sequence. Thus the N3V customer's instruction are issued in the middle of the "automatic Event". Perhaps this is normal. BUT....

So, place your trackmark just beyond the boarding area. Drive to the trackmark, issue no instructions and watch the passenger auto-action!

Last edited:
In my experience, whenever a loaded wagon stops at an industry unloading asset it will be unloaded without the need for an unload instruction (and ditto for loading empty wagons). Without this then you could not drive your trains and load/unload them manually without using the AI driver commands.

Quite understandable.
The AI passenger function is VERY odd. I have been testing and at times the train simply ignores the trackmark and continues. The direction of the mark does not seem to matter. But there may be a critical distance from the station. What a waste of time and boring.

The direction that a track mark points has no effect on its function. Likewise priority markers. Direction only matters with Track Direction Markers and Directional Track Triggers.

You are correct in that the behaviour of passenger trains can be erratic at passenger enabled stations. Various causes (such as faulty scripts) and remedies (such as only using Drive To commands and not Navigate To commands) have been proposed with varying levels of success.

I am having "reasonable" results using track marks. With the mark about 100ft from the edge of the active platform. Depending on the length of the train you get a full set of coaches at the boarding area. Unfortunately, sometime the train does not go to the next station. There a times the second station's instructions (rules) disappear after train exhausts its first set of instructions and should move on.. Will try to find rule/instruction combinations that will allow "the next station" to be visited.

========================================
The unload/load automatic commands seem to begin the moment the train stops at the platform. Any delays, or other commands also are run. So a delay instruction runs and may exhaust before the auto-sequence completes resulting in unexpected behavior.If a delay, or some other needed command, could wait until the completion of the unload/load sequence then the next command would not interfere from running concurrently with the auto-commands.

Last edited:
Back