Something really cool that potentially could help Trainz users reduce the lag A LOT

So, Nvidia's DLSS 2.0 looks to be a really awesome feature. Basically, you can render the game at a lower resolution, and DLSS 2.0 will scale it up to your desired resolution with next to nothing noticeable image quality loss, but with HUGE FPS gains. May I recommend checking this video out to see what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS1vQ8JtbdM&t=379s

Now, my question is, could we perhaps get an update for TRS2019 which will support this feature. I never have been to excited about this kind of stuff, because the first gen DLSS was a bit of a dissapointment, but man, this can be a big game changer for a lot of us!

I tried it awhile ago. There wasn't much of a performance improvement.

Last edited:
But there is! The highest and most well known tech YouTubers said it themselves with accurate benchmarks to back them up!

Maybe if it's a non-GPU-intensive program, meaning one that doesn't do massive calculations for other things besides displaying a fixed and closed environment that doesn't run an environment where there are 10s of thousands of assets of various quality, LOD values, textures, and polygons.

Back