Thread: Screenshots Question

Blog Entries

Default Screenshots Question

Why is it that all Screenshot thread photos have either a black PhotoBucket bar across them or just display an X where a picture once was?

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I went to the last page in the Canadian pics thread, I picked at random, and there were pictures there.

The Photobucket ones are probably dead because Photobucket no longer offers free hosting and if the user never signed up for the pay to play service, then their pictures were deleted.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

A lot of users have chosen third party sites to host their screenshots. Several of these have gone away or gone to charging for use. I highly recommend using the Trainz Gallery, for long term viability of postings.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    A lot of users have chosen third party sites to host their screenshots. Several of these have gone away or gone to charging for use. I highly recommend using the Trainz Gallery, for long term viability of postings.
    Yes, agree. And very easy to use with just a couple of clicks from within Trainz ('Capture Screenshot' and 'Screenshot Review & Upload'). Then swap to a browser window and go to 'MyTrainz'/'Trainz Gallery', which is selectable from the menu choices at the top of the 'Trainz Discussion Forum'. Right click on your image, copy, then paste into a relevant screenshot's forum thread.
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; September 17th, 2020 at 07:51 AM.
    Phil
    "WeddinNSW: South lines to the Lachlan" (current working title) a 400km NSWGR route coming soon to the DLS.

flickr works fine for me, or copying it from discord, thats what a lot of people are doing now

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info.