Deleting Installed Routes.

Hi,

A little help, please.

When I first purchased Trainz, I bought a couple of routes as well from the Trainz Portal.

I no longer use these routes, and wish to delete them.

Is this possible? I can't do it from the launch screen.

Thanks

Marcus

With Platinum (for Payware assets) - go to Content Store on the Launch panel. Of the three icons at top right click "Purchased." Your items should show there. Click "Uninstall"

I don't run T:ANE so someone else should reply but if you have a user data folder you can locate and delete the package folder(s) and then run a database rebuild. I advise letting someone with T:ANE confirm.

If you just want to delete the route out of the user interface, I think you might just want to delete the route and session assets themselves from Content Manager? That way you keep the other assets you may want to use elsewhere. If you delete the packages you will be deleting a lot of other usable assets.

That won't work as a database rebuild will find the route packages and re-install them. 1611Mac is correct but you need to know what packages to delete as they have cryptic names. What are the names of the routes?

William

For a list of the packages in either alphabetical or numerical order, see this Wiki page. However as noted above, if you remove the packages, you will also lose any other assets that may have been loaded with the route/session. If you have any personal routes made using these assets, they will suddenly be full of missing assets.

Last edited:
Due to intertwining built-in assets used all over the place along with the cryptic package names, the better alternative is to use Content Manager to disable the built-in routes. This will hide them from your routes menu, but leave any dependencies installed.

Ok, that makes sense, thanks.

However, I'd like to get rid of ECML Kings Cross to Edinburgh but the number SC297 isn't in my packages folder.

Check in the location where TANE is installed rather than the USERDATA folder. SP4 moved some builtin packages to the resources/builtin folder.

William

Back