Multiple tracks

K163

Hi all,

Just wondering are there any tracks in the DLS that have the modern visuals (TRS19 level) that have splines that allow 2, 3 or 4 tracks simultaneously like the tracks in the old versions of trainz did? I find I lose interest in laying even track when I need to lay every road individually. Surely there’s a way to speed it up?

Thanks
Craig.

Hi Craig
For the most part, the old 'multi-track' splines have fallen out of favor due to the limitations of these splines (ie you cannot 'straighten' them, and you can't adjust the spacing without creating a new spline asset). The best I can suggest for laying out multiple tracks parallel would be to find 'template' objects. I have a few on the DLS, designed for VR standards, under my 'S301' usersname. These get placed as a 'trackside' object on your primary track, and you lay the other tracks to match. There are many other similar tools available on the DLS from what I recall, and plenty on other websites as well.

Regards

You can use MB Quad, or MB Dual, as a track spacing guide for straightaways (which replicate a PRR 3.5m track spacing), and place single tracks connecting them in curves, then later on replacing all the multitrack straightaway splines with single tracks.

Back