What a nice fall weekend

Seane2c

Well it was a nice fall weekend here for me in Southern Ontario, Canada. Temperature about normal for this time of year and the week looks great.

I got to breath plenty of fresh air, and exercise with my son. My son is on a computer all day at home as he isn't going to wear a mask all day in a building with no air conditioning.

So we did some research for Trainz and I took some videos in Fort Erie. Of course out of respect for others I social distance not just for their safety but to prevent any possible others sick (like flu, and the other nasty viruses this year from getting to me). I wore a mask as mandated for the 5 minutes or so when buying lunch or an ice cream indoors. Of course nobody checks my mask if it's contaminated but after all it's more about how you look to others so they aren't scared anyways. As soon as I get outside I whip that sucker off. My son stays in a locked car with the engine on and air conditioning. Thankfully he is 12 and I know he isn't going to drive a way. I have no idea what I would do if he was younger.

Went for a walk that night. When someone approached me on a sidewalk I gracefully moved over to the bike lane and back again. Not an issue and I'm glad I'm safe and they are safe at whatever distance we are supposed to be according to science and health officials.

Anyways thought I'd share that since it's my own post. This is not political either just enjoying my weekend that's all and sharing my experience. Please keep your political views to yourself, like I'm doing so in other threads now.

Have a great fall everyone, and stay safe!

Looking forward to seeing more great creations as well as my own here in Trainz!

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean,

Here in Alabama we are still on the last days of summer. Highs in the 80s and lows in the 70s and humidity at 67% and we expect to get 6 to 8 inches of rain from Hurricane Sally. But after that it looks like some cooler and drier air is arriving along with college football. So everyone is excited.

William

Currently 77°F, bit unusual for UK in September, humidity 56% although it looks like its rising. Quite pleasant at the moment so been attacking the Weeds in the back yard with the weed killer spray, again, think they are developing an immunity, keep forcing their way up through the gaps between the paving stones, I blame it on the jungle next door which seems to have be overgrown with brambles and such. Done the weekly shop, supermarket was pretty much empty which was a bit odd.

Currently 77°F, bit unusual for UK in September, humidity 56% although it looks like its rising. Quite pleasant at the moment so been attacking the Weeds in the back yard with the weed killer spray, again, think they are developing an immunity, keep forcing their way up through the gaps between the paving stones, I blame it on the jungle next door which seems to have be overgrown with brambles and such. Done the weekly shop, supermarket was pretty much empty which was a bit odd.

It was 56F today with temps dropping to 50F tonight. This is quite normal for us this time of year and we usually see a bit of a spike sometime after it cools off. My trees are beginning to turn as well with some maples turning orange and read already. The asters are now blooming and so is the infamous goldenrod and purple loosestrife (fireweed).

Back